Life sucks sometimes

Elenor POV

Life sucks sometimes.

            This, was one of those times. No I didn’t go home to my family, why would I do that?! I went to James. The guy is my best friend, I don’t care that he’s a male, he’ll still help me! And he did. As soon as he opened his front door, he knew something was wrong and pulled me into a hug, dragging me to his room to talk.

            I’m not going to cry, I’m not going to cry. I thought to myself. He said he isn’t rejecting me, only needs to think. Twenty-four hours, 24 hours. I can do this. Breathe in, breathe out.

            I broke down. I cried for about ten minutes on James’ bed before I stopped. James took his stuffed frog and handed it to me. I stared at it. “Fredrick? Your letting me use Fredrick?” The frog has been there for James all his life.

            James shrugged. “You need him more than me right now.”

            I smiled and pulled him into a hug, Fredrick the frog in the middle of it all.

            “You’re all I need James, thanks.”

            “So, ya gonna tell me what happened?” He looked worried.

            I sighed and sat up straight, across from him. “I found my mate.”

            James didn’t react right away. That’s one of the reasons he’s my best friend. He thinks things through all the way first.

            “Who is the bastard?” James stood up shaking, his hands in fists.

            My heart hurt a bit at that. Sure, I was just crying over my mate a second ago, but I still lov—like him. I LIKE him. I do NOT love him… yet. “James, don’t call him that, he’s my mate.”

            “But he rejected you. He doesn’t deserve you.” He said with anger.

            “He didn’t reject me!” I tugged on his arm. “Please James, I’m fine.”

            “You came here crying.” James refused to sit down.

            “Just let me explain!”

            He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Okay, I’m under control.” He opened his eyes. “Now, tell me. You can start off with who your mate is.”

            “Promise not to go off on him?” I held up my pinkie.

            James paused before taking it and saying, “I promise not to go off on him this time.” He grinned at me.

            I made a face at him. “Fine.” I took a deep breath. “It’s Dylan Wolfe.”

            He looked at me for a minute. “No joke?”

            “I’m serious.”

            He mumbled some things to himself before looking back at me. “Go on.”

            So I explained to him how Dylan was staring at me, and then the Alpha ordered me to allow him in my head, and how we touched hands and the sparks and then Dylan running away after sending me that message.

            “Well if he hasn’t rejected you why were you crying?”

            “It still hurt.” I answered. “I mean my mate just ran away from me.” I had tears in my eyes again. Wow, I haven’t even known he’s my mate for 2 hours and he already has this effect on me. Daaang.