Chapter 3

*Kellin's P.O.V.*

I watch her wince. "What is wrong?" I asked reaching for her hand. I examine the gauze and she jerks away. She shakes slightly and starts to breathe too heavily. She pulls her knees up and I try to keep her balanced on the bed.

"Kellin," she gasps, clearly having trouble breathing. I hold her shoulders and tell her she needs to breathe. She looks momentarily to her bleeding hand and cries out.

"Breathe, please, breathe. Just breathe. Please. Don't leave me, Amber, breathe." I'm not sure how to handle this. I hear a scream and she grabs my arm, nearly falling. I see her suck in a breath so I move her up the bed and turn to my mum at the door.

"What did you do?" she asks accusingly. "You know she's fragile!"

"Call an ambulance Mum!" I gasp, myself, hyperventilating.

"Why?"

"She's got a gash or something on her hand." Mum goes over to Amber and throws me the phone. I dial and mum talks to Amber quietly. She seems unable to answer.

"911 what's your emergency?" a female voice says calmly.

"My sister, has a cut, on her hand, I think she's bleeding out, and she's having a panic attack," I say all in one breath.

"Sir, please remain calm." I didn't notice that I was yelling.

"Mum!" I shout and hand her the phone. She tells them the address and we wait. I cry silently until we hear sirens. "Mum get the door." She

looks at me blankly before leaving. Amber moves slightly. "Amber wake up," I beg. "Please, I need you." Her eyes open slowly, revealing a confused expression.

"What, happened?" she asks before the look is gone and she tugs at her sleeve. "Never mind." The door opens and mum walks in with some medics and her husband.

"What happened?" a male medic asks repeating the question.

*Amber's P.O.V.*

All I hear is the very loud sirens. I feel myself coming back slowly.

"Amber wake up." I move. "Please, I need you." I open my eyes.

"What, happened?" I ask breathing between words. I remember and frown. "Never mind." I tug down my sleeve, as medics walk in with my parents. A very pretty girl comes over to me. Her bright red hair cut to a short style.

"Are you alright dear?" she asks, with a gentle voice. I don't respond because my phone starts playing Suicide Season by Bring Me the Horizon. I scramble to shut it off and see the name. Oli Octopus.

"C-can I answ-wer t-this?" I ask still shaking. She nods politely.

-Oli- -Amber-

O-Beautiful? You busy?

A-Nope

O-You okay?

A-Not really

O-call me

A-no

O-then im on my way

A-don't do that

O-...

"K-kellin?" I stutter.

"Yes Amber?" he replies.

"Oli is coming over," I say slowly.

"No, he can't," Kellin says over protectively.

"He wasn't asking," I say showing him the text.

"May I see your hand now dear?" the redhead asks. She, unlike her polite demeanour, doesn't wait and takes my arm. She gasps softly. "You need stitches, honey." I shake my head rapidly. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist."

A less kind-looking man comes over and holds tight to a clearer part of my arm. The redhead pulls out a small medical sewing kit and starts closing the cut on my hand. I cry softly, wincing at the needle, but a loud banging sound starts at the door.

"K-Kellin," I start slowly; I close my eyes and hold my breath. "C-can you l-let him in-n?" I ask softly. He nods and leaves. The redhead hums while she works, so I ask, "What s-song is that?"

"Not a song really, I made a melody a while ago." I nod, accepting the answer, and listen. I hear Kellin and Oli talking in the hall. "Okay, now, just be careful," she says before leaning closer. "I've been through this too. You can do it." I feel myself crying softly still, in a silence before I respond.

"No, I can't. You don't know me or my past." I don't pause. I don't stutter. I mean what I say. She stares at me, startled, as Kellin walks in followed by Oliver. The big person lets my arm go and I wince again. "Oli!"

"Oh god, Amber. What happened, beautiful?" Kellin glares at him. "Calm down, mate."

"Nothing, I'm fine Oliver," I say with a slight acidic tone.

"Don't. Call me Oliver!" he nearly shouts, showing off his accent.

"Don't tell me what... not... to do," I say before realising I didn't stutter.

"But it's me job," he says. "Now, really, what's wrong?"

"Her hand," Kellin says at the same time as I say, "Life." Oliver outwardly flinches and looks down at the stitches.

"Why would you do that again?" he asks like it's that simple, or that I ever stopped.

"It r-reminds me-e I-I-I'm aliv-ve, but-t this," I gesture to my hand, "w-was an acid-dent-t." Kellin looks uncomfortable, while Oli is in shock.

"I don't want this to become as bad as before."