Chapter 7

*Jack's P.O.V.*

Amber walks away into the bathroom so I wander down the stairs in search of her brother.

"Kellin?" I say hoping for a response. I hear a groan so I walk into the living room to see him waking up.

"What?" he asks confused.

"Could I borrow the truck?" I ask, regretting it right away.

"No way," he says angrily, and shakes his head.

"Damn fine then." I snap back at him.

"Why anyway?" he says slightly calmer. He seems hungover or still drunk slightly.

"To get her out of this damn house," I snap again. "Just up to the mall."

"Fine, go, but get me a new shirt." I nod and walk out of the room. I eat a few of their pop tarts and head back upstairs with a few more for Amber.

"You dressed?" I shout against the door.

"No, but dressed enough," she replies. I frown, unsure if it is a trick.

"Okay?" I cautiously walk in and see her looking for a shirt. I grin and throw the newest All Time Low shirt she has. She yanks it on over her head and smiles. "So, I'm driving Kellin's truck." She looks at me confused.

"W-why?"

"We're going uptown." I laugh at her nervousness.

"What's so funny?" she asks angrily.

"Brush your hair and don't worry that I'm driving," I say to her. She turns red and grabs her hairbrush, yanking it through her long hair.

"What are we doing then?" she asks, still irritated and surprisingly not stuttering.

"God, Amber, I'm taking you to the mall," I say, caving in. "You need to chill out." I watch her pull on tall boots and throw some of her hair up. She messes with a bandage on her hand and I look at her weird.

"W-what?" she asks sounding scared.

"Uh, nothing," I reply and look away from her. "You ready?" she must have nodded, because she opens the door and we walk down the stairs. I follow her down and Kellin tosses me the keys as we go through the kitchen.

"Don't wreck it," he warns, sounding tired, maybe been drinking again.

"Bye Kellin," Amber replies, not noticing, or too used to it to care. We walk out the door and she grins.

"Can I drive?" she giggles. I shake my head and get in the oversized truck. "Awe, why?" she whines leaning on the door.

"Get in," I say ignoring her. She huffs and gets in the truck. I pull out my pack of cigarettes, which I only have for her. Amber takes one, lighting it with her Nirvana lighter.

"Want one?" she asks, ready to light another. I nod and pull out of the driveway. She lights it, rolling down the window and hands it to me. I take a drag and nearly choke.

"Geez, it's been a while," I mutter and clear my throat. I see Amber in the corner of my eye when she leans over to play music. She plugs in the Aux cord. Suddenly a song I've never heard blares.

"Dare me to jump off of this Jersey Bridge; I bet you never had a Friday night like this; Keep it up, keep it up, let's raise our hands.

I take a look up at the sky and I see red for the cancer, red for the wealthy, red for the drink that's mixed with suicide.

Everything red. Please, won't you push me for the last time, let's scream until there's nothing left.

So sick of playing, I don't want this anymore. The thought of you's no fucking fun. You want a martyr, I'll be one, because enough's enough, we're done