Chapter 8

"Cute," he says. It's Vic and I blush deeply. "We're taking a break, wanna check out our set?" I shake my head.

"W-w-when d-did w-w-we establish-sh th-that w-w-we w-w-were friends?" I say, regretting it right away. "Sorry, that w-w-was r-rude."

"Yeah it's whatever," he says, looking hurt and turns to leave. Right away Alex follows him out and I see them start talking.

"Amber that was rude," Jack says awestruck. I groan, because I already knew that.

"Fuck," I mutter again. "Please go t-tell him I-I'm sorry." He nods and follows them out. I wander to a bench and cry softly. I jump slightly when a hand touches my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" I look up to Ronnie beside me.

"D-d-do I look-k okay?" I ask sarcastically. He shakes his head and tries to comfort me. I jerk away and my phone rings. "Sh-shit." I answer the phone and hear a girl giggling. "H-hello?"

"Hey, sorry, babe," I hear Oli say. "Um, my niece is over."

"N-niece?" I hear him shush the girl.

"Uh, yeah," he says nervously. "She's actually close to our age. She is my oldest brother's daughter."

"What's her n-name?" I ask.

"Jazzy," he says and she makes an inappropriate sound.

"Jazmine?" I ask again.

"Yeah, why?" he asks even more nervous.

"Well, y-you haven't-t been answering and sh-she already t-t-told me she's your-r g-girlfriend." I hang up before he can respond and look up at Ronnie, who has a shocked look on his face.

"He's cheating? I swear I didn't know," Ronnie says quickly, and definitely confused. I nod and cling to him as I sob. I faintly hear the others walking up, but I ignore them.

"What-" Vic cuts off, presumably something Ronnie did or a way he got looked at. I feel more reassuring hands and sob loudly. Not very long after I have calmed down to sad hiccupping and sit up. Alex, Jack, Ronnie, Vic, and Oliver number two look at me.

"Let's get new clothes then go eat?" Oliver suggests. I nod weakly, not actually wanting to do anything.

"Spencer's?" Jack says and looks at Alex. Alex blushes and nods. "None of you should follow us, understood?" Jack adds, just as red as Alex. We all nod at the same time and head into Hot Topic again. I pick a few t-shirts, as well as everyone else. Our total is almost funny, but no one cares. We pool money and pay together.

"Shit," Vic says, "I've gotta get back to my set." He nearly runs from the store and I giggle at him, definitely feeling better.

"Ayye!" Jack says, sneaking up on us. "Let's go hang out in Alex's van. He took the seats out like a hippie." He lowers his voice. "And he has some good weed." Everyone makes a 'oooh' sound and nods.

"P-please yes," I say and laugh. "Need some lately." I look down at my phone and shut it off.

"What about snacks first?" Alex says. Most of us nod together, except Jack who just looks embarrassed.

"Money together? I'll go, because I can't smoke anyway," Ronnie says and holds out his hand. We all put bills in his hand along with an intense amount of change.

He walks in one direction and the rest of us follow Alex. When we get out to his van he starts laying blankets all around the back, so that we have a clean area and he digs in his glove box for his stash.

"Who wants the first hit?" he asks over his shoulder pulling out a small bowl. It is a rainbow and I reach for it. I pull a small lighter out of my pocket and don't hesitate. I take a big hit and hand it to Jack, who is sitting with his legs out the door. He takes a hit when I finally exhale mine. He coughs and everyone laughs.

"Pass it," Oliver says unsure. "I-I've never..." he trails off.

"Take small hits then," Alex advises. Before Ronnie even gets back: I can't think, Jack is kissing Alex, and Oliver is laying in the middle of the van. I faintly hear Ronnie laugh and he lays next to me in the grass by the van.

"Hey," he says softly. I try to respond but don't really answer. "I hope you know, he doesn't deserve you." I don't even try to answer to that one. I smile and watch the clouds move in the sky. "I swear I didn't know." I still don't answer, wondering if he knows that I am baked.

Suddenly, he's kissing me. I don't push him, but I don't kiss him back. He noticed. He lays beside me again, seemingly not caring. "You need to sleep that shit off." I nod slightly.

"Guys, I gotta get her home soon," Jack says, seemingly getting off Alex, "or could we say we're with one of y'all?" Alex raises his hand.

"Stay..." he giggles, "Stay with me." I nod, and Jack kisses him again. I hear Alex moan softly and I try to ignore everything again. I feel myself doze off.

I wake to darkness. I notice that I am in a bed and try to move, still high. I giggle loudly and stop moving.

"J-Jack?" I whisper and move again, nearly falling off the bed. "Fuck." I hear movement, but also Alex shushing Jack. I close my eyes again, going back to sleep.