Chapter 18.

Troy

After a long hard day at work I was glad to put my key into my front door. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't prepared for the storm coming my way.

"Why aren't your bags packed? Why are you still here?" Sasha asked as she sat on the sofa eating takeaway.

"Hello to you too." I said.

"I'm not playing games with you Troy."

"Where have you been?"

"Away from you."

"Yes, where?"

"Why are you questioning me? You still haven't answered my question. Why aren't your bags packed?!"

"Because I'm not going anywhere Sasha."

"Excuse you?" She said and turned to face me.

"I'm not going anywhere. I have nowhere to go. If you really want me gone then do it properly. Divorce me. We split the house and go our separate ways. But whilst we are still married, I will continue living here and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it." I said as I sat right next to her on the sofa and turned the TV over.

She snatched the remote.

"I was watching something! Move."

"You've banned me from the bedroom so where do you want me to move to?" I growled.

"Don't you get it? Move out!"

"I'm not repeating myself. Where's my dinner?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Go ask Megan."

"DAMMITT SASHA!! Why do you like to test my patience?"

She looked at me as if I had grown two heads.

"You keep being mad. Who you need to be mad at is Megan. Furthermore, have you gone to get tested?"

"Yes." I growled.

"Good."

"You act like you don't care about me but I know you do."

Sasha laughed.

"Yes Troy. I care. Why? Only lord knows. But please don't ever mistake my caring for liking you. You make my skin crawl."

"Nice. Nice thing to say to your husband."

"Oh please Troy! We only got married because you got me pregnant! And you couldn't even do that right." She said as she got up.

I grabbed her.

"Yeah? What now? What are you going to do now? We have been here too many times haven't we? Remember one of these times YOU killed our son."

"STOP IT!! STOP!!" I said as I let her go.

Why does she like to say that?

"Stop what? Stop the truth Troy?"

"I know what I did! It bothers me every day! This is why I am the way I am!"

Sasha laughs

"STOP LAUGHING!"

"Oh shut up! Shut up Troy! You can't make me feel sorry for you ANYMORE!! You tried all of that before remember? You even made me feel at one point that it was MY fault."

"If you wasn't trying to leave me..."

"REALLY??? REALLY TROY??!! You're still using that as your excuse?!"

"It's the truth! If you wasn't trying to leave me you wouldn't have been on the stairs and then..."

"NAH...NOPE. NO. NO WAY!! Why was I trying to leave you? Huh? Isn't it funny how history is repeating itself? Only this time it might be incurable and I was lucky to not get it! This is all on you Troy. It always has been and it always will be!! I'm going to bed and I want to be ALONE!!" Sasha said before walking off.

"I'm sorry..." I said.

Unfortunately it only came out as a whisper... for some reason that's how it was always... I've said sorry many times. She just never hears when I say it.