Chapter 19.

Sasha

We hadn't been married for more than six months and this man was starting to show his true colours.

What have I done? Who is this man that I married?

I sat at home waiting for him. I was 8 months pregnant and I was ready to be done with Troy. My bags were packed and I was ready to go back home to my parents.

One thing I would not tolerate is what I've grown up in. A dysfunctional relationship.

"Hey babe... wait. Whose bags are those?" He asked as he came through the door.

"Mine." I said as I stood up.

"What? Why?"

"I have a question for you and if you lie; I'm going right through that door." I said knowing regardless I would be leaving.

"Babe, what's going on?"

"Who have you been sleeping with Troy?"

"What? Me? No one!" He said.

I was hurt that he could lie so easily. My marriage was built on lies. I walked up to him and slapped him across the face.

"That was your one chance. I'm leaving you now."

"Wait wait wait. I'm not lying. Honestly!"

"We've been married 6 months! You have married me and yet you are out here having sex with nasty bitches! You couldn't even wrap up! I'm 8 months pregnant with YOUR baby and you have given me CHLAMYDIA!! Now... tell me again you ain't sleeping with no one."

He hung his head.

I picked up my bags and headed to the door.

"I'll be staying with my parents. You need to find somewhere else to live because once this baby is born, we will be moving back in here." I said as I opened the door to leave.

"No, no, no! You can't leave me! We can work through this!" He said as he grabbed my arm.

"Get off of me!!" I said as I tried to pull away.

"Sasha please! I'm sorry. Please, just come in! Don't leave me!"

"No! I gave you the chance to own up and you wouldn't!!" I said.

All of a sudden he grabbed me with both arms.

"You really think I'm going to let you leave me? Let you tell your parents I infected you and cheated on you? Over my dead body. Or should I say... yours." He said then pushed me.

My footing was off and I was unable to stop myself. I flew down the stairs. I remember screaming out and then my world went black.

When I woke up I felt different. I saw a doctor and they explained everything to me.

"I'm sorry..." the doctor said to me.

I didn't look at him. I just stared at the wall.

This was supposed to be the happiest moment of my life instead it was the worst day of my life.

The doctor was speaking but I wasn't listening. All I could hear was sound, noise. Nothing that made sense, nothing that I wanted to hear.

I guess the doctor had realised that I wouldn't be responding to him anytime soon, so with that he left. Once he left Troy started talking.

"They're only trying to help."

I also ignored him.

"Sasha..."

I really didn't understand why he was here. He had caused me enough problems.

"Sasha... Troy is trying to talk to you." My mum said.

I ignored her too.

"I want to help, I want to be there. Please don't shut me out."

Again, I never said a word.

"You're not the only person going through this you know!" He said, only this time he seemed angry. As if HE had a right to be.

I looked at him and if looks could kill he would have died there and then.

"You know what... It's clear you're not up for talking. I'll be back to check on you tomorrow. Call me if you need me." He said then kissed my head.

My mum never said a word. She just followed behind Troy.

Typical!

Once they left the tears that I had been holding back was finally able to let loose. Not a sound came from my mouth. It was as if I was stuck on mute. But my eyes were blurry from the constant tears that came from my eyes.

Why? Why me? Why did this happen to me?

I wouldn't wish this on anybody; to have something taken from you so prematurely. My heart is so heavy. I wish I died too. I mean, what life could I possibly want to live now knowing my son didn't even get to live for a day...