5. Videos, recording, and the magazine drama.

Laylas POV

"Hey, um, Sam can I talk to you?" I say, my voice shaking.

"Yeah..? Of course you can." Sam said, sitting on the couch.

"Umm, I need help filming a video for my ex Jake. I want to shoot a cover for Kelly Clarkson's Since U been gone. I can sing... I just... Its... I have stage fright. I can't sing under pressure. And you'd think with me being a Horan and all it wouldn't be a problem. But it is. Can you help?"

"Yeah of course. Thank you for thinking of me. Why didn't you ask Trevor? Or... well... why did you ask me?" Sam asked.

"Well I didn't want to go and distract Trevor because he's working really hard on his music. And I asked you because... why not?" I couldn't already tell him that I had a crush on him, I mean he was one of my best friend's friends. 

"Ah, yeah we all know how Trevor gets when he's focused on his music. Let's get started with this cover." Sam smiled and made me laugh. 

**5 mins. of Singing and 3 hours of editing later**

"Alright, it's finished.  You are a really talented singer, Layla. Why don't you ever sing?"

"Umm. Youtube and Twitter. Tag @JakeyBoo15 in the description so that everyone knows that it is meant for him. 

{Upload and Send}√

"Thanks Sam, You're the very best."I said, giving him a hug.

From- Trevv

Hey! Just saw the video on Sam's channel. Good job. Mom and I are on the way so be there in a min to get you 

From- Jake Sheeran

You. Your trying to ruin me with the "This cover was inspired by a guy who cheated on me and broke me."

From- Niall

I thought you had stage fright. Are you trying pursue singing now? Its a lot of work. 

From- Dylan

You are an amazing singer! I am subscribed to Sam and O2L and it's on both. You were great!!

From- Hazzabear

Good Job! Someday you'll be a big name like us! Just kidding I know you don't want to be a singer.

To- Trevv

Really? I wasn't that good. It was bad. Okay see you in a minute.

To- Jake Sheeran

What can't have your perfect reputation ruined now, can we? 

To- Nialler

I'm not going to be a singer. I don't want to be. Stage fright is still there. Don't worry.

To- Dylan

Really? I'm not all that great. I knew you were subscribed to them. It's not hard to know. Just have to watch your Q&As.

To- Hazzabear

Haha. You're Funny.

And now my twitter is blowing up with all the likes and retweets. I never thought so many people would side with me over all the stuff with Jake.

@JakeyBoo15

Take a look... You're so Fake..

Jake tweeted me a link to a magazine article that had a headline with my name in it.

"Layla Horan and Trevor Moran? Together. We have all the dirty little secrets about the not-so-sweet angel, Layla Horan. All of these came from an inside source, Jake Sheeran."

Everything he told the reporter was a lie.

-Layla is a brat. 

-She dates guys for their money 

-Layla autotunes everything. She can't sing.

-Layla is great in bed. We had some good times.

The worst one was one where Jake said that I was good in bed, I managed to hold it together until I read that one. Every bad moment of my past rose to the top and threatened to spillover.

Trevor walked into my room, carrying the magazine. 

"Is this stuff true?"

" No! Its all made up. I'm still a virgin! I never slept with him or anyone. I don't use autotune either." I sobbed.

"No not those. The one where you're only staying at my house because you want people to think we're dating."

"No!! None of it is true! How could you think any of that is true?!" I stared at Trevor in disbelief.

"Layla, it seemed pretty truthful. I'm sorry. But you're right, I shouldn't have believed him over my best friend." He smiled and gave me a comforting hug. I felt my phone vibrate.

From- Jake Sheeran

Hahaha!! Good luck with your reputation now!! It's trashed!! Bye Layla. Bye bitch!

Tears streamed down my face.

How could someone post this shit without fact checking with me?