Chapter 8 | Star Twins

They sat patiently in the alley way. "Hello, No Face." Rose said. "Back so soon sister?" Violet asks. "Sorry girls, but play times over." I said. "Aww did we lose?"Rose asked. "Sorry. Game Over." I said. I smashed the two with my hammer. I felt something cold stream down my face. My mask covered all of my emotions from the world. I'm done with all of them except, him.

Black Star's POV

She ran after killing those two twins. I headed to Kid's mansion. I want to talk to him.

I knocked at the door and the girl opened it. Her pastel purple locks seem to be fading. Her once grayish eyes are fading too, into a white color. "Is Kid home?" I ask. "Yeah he's upstairs." She said and opened the door for me. "Thanks." I said. She walked towards the window and sat down on the windowsil. She put on her headphones and tuned me out.

She's odd. I walk up to kids room to see him writing on a giant board. "What have you found out?" I ask. "Well we know her father's Asura. Her name is Lili. Shes targeting the Zodiac Killers. And she used to be apart of them." I explain. He writes it down on the board and sighs. "We still don't know anything about her identidy." He said. I nod. "Hey Black⭐️Star, can you take Lilac to that fair tomorrow?" He asks as we leave his room. "Um why?" I ask. "She seems to be lonley in this place." He explained.

"I'm not lonley. I just dont care to talk to the likes of you." She said as we walked into the kitchen. "What!" He exclaimed. "I talk to Liz and Patty, they're much sweeter than your bitchy asymmetrical ass." She growled. Damn, she's tough! "Take that back!" Kid yelled. "No thanks." She said. She stood up from the windowsil and headed to the door. "I'm out for the night." She said and left.

"Should I?" I ask. "Please." He said. I ran out if his mansion to see she ran off to the left, to the bad part of Death City. Death Crosses Lane. What is she doing at that part of town?! I follow her to see her walk into a potions shop and lock the door. I jump in through an open window. I follow her upstairs to see her stare at me from the top of the stairs.

"What do you want Black⭐️Star?" She asks. "What are you doing here?" I ask as i continue to go upstairs. "I live here." She said. "Then why are you with Kid? Is he your boyfriend?" I ask. "Hell no. I'm being forced to live with him." She said as she lied on to the floor. "They say I'm dangerous. That I could destroy a whole city when I get mad." She said. "Well can you?" I ask.

She looks at me, "With the flick of a finger." I shudder at that. "But I won't, that's not who I am anymore." She said. "Who are you then?" I ask. She looks up at me and sighs. "Just a super powerful weapon that has no desire in becoming a death weapon." "So there's this fair tomorrow. Kid wants me to take you." I said. She flopped onto her bed and sighed. "Pick me up at 9. Now let me sleep." She says. As I venture down the stairs I can hear her soft breaths.

The Next Morning

She better be up. I walk to her house in Death Crosses Lane to see kids running around the streets happily. They had chalk and were riding bikes. Kicking balls and being happy. I thought this was a bad part of town. Lilac's house door opened revealing her. She wore cuffed jeans and a white t-shirt. Her pastel hair was pulled into boxer braids. "Hey over here!" I shout. She sees me and shutters. "Don't shout you idiot." She mutters. I'm wearing gray shorts and a blue tank top. "Lets just go already." She sighs.

We arrive at the fair and she looks bored already. "Come on." I say and drag her almost everywhere. By 4pm she's still bored out of her mind. "Come on! Why aren't you having fun?!" I ask her. "This place is boring." She answers. "Wow. Your like. Boring, rude, and cold. Just cold." I say. She laughs at that, actually laughs. "I'm not into this type of thing sorry." She says. "Uh its fine i guess." I say wowed by her smile. "So what now?" I ask. She shrugs.

Then an idea pops up into my mind. "I got something! Come on!" I say and grab her hand before dragging her.

When we arrived she looked confused. "Boxing Ring. This was your idea?" She asks. I smile, "Lets see how strong you are." She smirks, "Lets go pretty boy."

"Hey Lilac!" The guy at the counter greets her. "Hey Ryou." She smiles. "What are you doing here with this kid?" He asks. "He wants to see who's stronger." Lilac says. Ryou laughs so much he falls out of the stool he sat in. "Alright Have fun. And good luck kid." Ryou said. I looked at him confused but after the first punch I understood why. I lay on the ground with my body achcing all over. "Are you done yet?" I ask. "I was just getting started. But you look like shit so lets go." She said and helped me up.

We walked in silence to her home. "Today was fun." She said. "For you. I was the one being beat up!" I growl. She laughs softly. "Your an idiot." She said. "Yeah well. I don't know!" I say. She sighs as we arrive at her doorstep. "Well that's over. See ya never." She said and left inside. I walked back to my place thinking.

What got her mood all down? I thought she had fun? I like her laugh. And her smile. But the fact that she beat the crap out of me still holds me back from further thinking.