Chapter 16

"Honestly (Y/n), if I had known you would be this much trouble I would've reconsidered offering to help you. But then I remembered that I have to help my true love~" Joshua giggle as he winked at me. My face heated up as he said that and I groaned as my headache kicked in again. I clenched my eyes shut as it felt someone was pressing down on the sides of my head, compressing it to an extent. Joshua gingerly held a glass of water up to my lips and I parted my lips as I took a sip, almost coughing as I did so.

"Did... Did you ever... Did you ever find-" Joshua placed his fingers on my lips as he shushed me. My voice was raspy from my sore throat and laryngitis.

"Save your voice dear~ You keep talking like that and you're voice will give out." Joshua sighed as if he was in some kind of dream state. "But to answer your question, would I really be having to leave constantly if he was already caught?"

"The least you could do... is answer normally...," I said. My wing was still healing from the previous events that had occurred, wrapped tightly in bandages that Mr. Hanekoma had changed recently. However, despite being indoors, I ended up getting a really bad fever as well as congestion. Mr. Hanekoma had explained to me earlier that it was going around Shibuya and that at least one in ten people were sick, and although that seems like a stretch from the truth, it could still very well be true. I felt bad from everything that both him and Joshua had to go through just for me. Slightly guilty even too.

"Aw~ Don't act like that. I'm taking good care of you so I don't want any complaining." Joshua held up a tablet up to my mouth and I took it and swallowed it dry, despite the pain it caused my throat. Joshua sighed as if he was about to give me something to take with it, before he reached over to nightstand and grabbed a bowl of soup in one hand while he held a spoon in the other. He dipped the spoon in the bouillabaisse that Mr. Hanekoma had made. Honestly, it was embarrassing for Joshua to be feeding me like this and my face heated up more than the fever made it do so. I felt like a child. As he held the spoon up, I leaned forward and took the steaming soup. It was hot, but bearable.

"... Thank you... Joshua... But I don't want you getting sick," I said. Joshua smirked at me and gently brushed my hair out of my face.

"It'll take a lot to get me sick dear," Joshua said, brushing off the though that he would be feeling unwell anytime soon. "But I love how much you care for me. Honestly, it's too much for my poor heart to handle." Joshua placed a hand over where his heart would be to emphasize his previous statement and I rolled my eyes before I weakly brought my arm up to my mouth to let out a number of violent coughs. Joshua then placed his hand on my forehead which was freezing compared to how my felt like it was on fire. "Hm, still burning up."

"Tell me something I don't know," I muttered. Raindrops could be heard form outside and even the crackling of thunder in the distance. The thunder and he rain gave off an ominous feeling as the light that once shined in from my window was not dark and gloomy. Suddenly, a feeling of dread consumed my body and it felt like Shibuya itself was falling apart and consuming itself at the core. Images of the city crashing down ran through my mind as I clutched my head in pain and groaned. My headache wasn't making any of this easier, and instead only made my state worse. Joshua sprang up to his feet, having felt something as well. The atmosphere became thick and heavy as if the life and happiness was being sucked out of the city.

"I'll be right back." Joshua disappeared into the planes, moving across them and it was just me again, alone like before. What was that? Something's here...

The only time that happened was when Joshua felt misanthropy and was going to destroy the city, even if it was mostly because of him that the city was in that depressed state of mind in the first place. The Composer's soul, is like the soul of the city. That being said, Joshua's soul, was Shibuya, and what he felt, Shibuya reflected on. When he was against the humans and thought about them having close to no imagination, then Shibuya made that happen and gradually, people in the city felt... depressed in a sense.