The mute girl (vampire/witch story) - Chapter forty two

Chapter 42

STACY POV

I woke up on my bed from the Vladimir kingdom with a familiar feeling rushing through me; then I began to shake, finally realizing that I was poisoned again. But I refused to admit it, so I decided to find out the truth.

I opened my mouth and said. “Kale” but nothing came out as tears fell on my face, my fifteen minutes of fame didn’t last long I didn’t even use my voice for a long time now it’s gone again. I can’t believe he actually did it how cruel can he be? He’s even worse than Clive, at least Clive didn’t poison me, all he wanted was to break the curse even though there was some gain from it but when he captured me he didn’t poison me quickly, from the way I saw it he wanted me to fall in love with me in the right way instead of poisoning me with thaima.

A quiet sigh let my mouth as I thought of thaima; today he was going to poison me with thaima. I had to find Kale before that happened but how do I get out? But how did I teleport myself to that dungeon?

There was a knock on the door then Ron quickly with a tray on his hands, he was panting a little when he saw tears on my face he quickly placed the tray on the table then ran towards me and gave me hug.

“From the look of it I guess the poison worked then,” he said with a sigh and I gave him a small nod with more tears falling on my face. I miss Kale, that was all I could think about and by tomorrow I won’t even remember my love for him, maybe I won’t even remember who he is then I’ll be madly in love with Drake, the thought made me shiver.

I slowly pulled away from Ron and wrote on my phone. “What am I going to do Ron? He’s poisoning me with thaima today,”

He shook his head. “I don’t know either,” there was something in his eyes almost as if he was hiding something but I shook it off. “What happened yesterday? I heard that you teleported yourself, how did that happen with all these alibo trees around?”

“I don’t know,” I told him honestly. “But I realized something else, yesterday when one of the guards hit Kale with a metal on his back, I felt it too,”

He looked at me thoughtfully. “Breaking the curse, bound you together,” he said just as Drake told his father then at me pitifully. “Sorry you had to see what Drake did to him, I know he said he won’t either us but he just wanted Kale to suffer because he’s much stronger than him now,”

We both sat in silence drown into our thoughts. “Why don’t you try connecting with him?” Ron broke the silence.

I gave him a questioning look with a quiet giggle. “Why are you so obsessed with the mind thing?”

He smiled then his face became serious. “I read it on a historical book that one of your old kings wrote, so I think you should try it then maybe Kale will find a way out,”

“So how do I do it?”

He shrugged. “Just trust your instinct, feel the new power you have then connect it to how you feel about Kale then think about him,” he told me.

“Are you being serious?”

“I’m just telling from what I’ve heard that’s all, no one has ever tried it before so you’ll be the first today,”

I sighed then hesitantly closed my eyes then concentrated on everything he just told me and he was right I felt Kale and a quiet gasp escaped my mouth.

“Concentrate,” he told me.

I concentrated hard on the night we shared together when he broke the curse, feeling every touch and kiss like it was happening right now and I said his name in my mind. “Kale?”

“Stacy?” a shaky voice called out in my mind, my eyes quickly flew open then looked at Ron with shock.

“Stacy, what’s wrong?” Ron asked shaking me a little.

I swallowed hard then wrote to him. “I heard him call my name,” still startled by hearing his voice.

His eyes were filled with excitement as he spoke. “That’s good try it again,” I was about to close my eye again when he stopped me. “Wait!” he took the tray from the table. “Eat first you haven’t eaten since yesterday,”

I quickly ate one toast and drank the orange juice then went back to my concentration, I was so eager to hear his voice again.

“Kale?” I tried out again. “Can you hear me?” I patiently waited.

“Yeah, I can but how?” his voice was filled with pain and confusion.

“Breaking the curse bound us together, Ron taught me how to do this,”

He laughed a little bit. “I miss you so much, how are you feeling?”

“I miss you too, I’m not feeling good and I’m so sorry about snapping at you back at home,” I apologized I was still feeling bad about that argument.

“It’s okay; I know you had a lot in your plate that you felt the need to explode,” he chuckled; I missed his laughs and chuckles.

I relaxed a bit. “He’s poisoning me with thaima today,” with a sad voice.

He swore. “Please fight it Stacy,” he begged me then sighed. “He’s planning on keeping you captive like a lab rat to experiment on every other poison he can to be the most powerful, if he fails on this it will take him time to make another poison then we can find a way out,”

I felt tears fall, Ron sat there just looking at my reactions as I spoke with Kale in my head. What is going on in Drake’s mind that he wants to punish me like that?

“He’s so obsessed with finding his lost twin brother and nothing will stop him,” Kale continued. “so he wants everything magic you’ll gain and use it to find his brother, so Stacy please fight it I know it’ll be hard but please try,”

I nodded then realized he can’t see me then said. “I’ll try,”

The door opened and Drake walked in, I felt myself begin to panic. “What’s wrong?” Kale asked, I’m sure he felt me panic.

“Drake is here, I love you,”

“I love you too,”

I turned my attention to Drake; Ron quickly stood up and left. “Are you ready?” I shook my head he looked at me with confusion and anger. “You do realize what will happen to your little friends if you don’t do this right?”

I nodded with hatred. “I’ll do it in one condition,” I knew that doing what Kale told me won’t be easy so I want to weigh my options before I agreed on anything.

He sighed. “If it’s for me to release Kale, I already did that last night,”

I shook my head. “I want to meet with Clive first,” he looked shocked.