The mute girl (vampire/witch story) - Chapter eleven

Chapter 11

Normal POV

The next day, instead of me ignoring Kale he was the one ignoring me. He kept distance from me the whole day, he gave me short answers whenever I asked a question and I don’t blame him, I don’t want him to be in trouble either.

I went to school today, students were giving me dirty looks. Apparently there’s a rumor that the reason I haven’t been in school for three days is that, I got pregnant from one of the boys and I had an abortion, they are so unbelievable, Kale simply squeezed my hand a little then mumbled. “ignore them.” Then left my hand and walked away.

At lunch time I sat with them and Clive sat with us too. There was an awkward moment between Kale and drake glaring at each other, I should say Drake glaring at Kale, and Cheryl and Clive has been trying to figure out what is going on but no one said a word.

“so, how are you feeling now?”Clive asked.

I smiled at him. “I’m doing fine, I heard you came to visit.”

“yeah, I did.” I glanced at Drake he was glaring at Clive.

“thanks for visiting then.”

Drake cleared his throat then looked at me. “you wanna hang out at the palace today?”

I tried to look for an excuse but he spoke again. “I just want to talk that’s all.” I sighed then nodded.

After school, I drove with Drake to his castle with Kale, Ron, Jacques, Douglas and Cheryl. Drake took my hand and led me inside meeting with his parents.

“Stacy!” the queen said. “what a pleasant surprise.” We reached in front of them then bowed.

“so son, what brings you here?” the king asked.

Drake cleared his throat then spoke. “I’m just showing her a round, father.” They eyed each other for a few seconds, I looked at Drake he was hinting something to the king and he probably caught it.

“oh well go ahead then.” And with that Drake pulled me into the hallway.

“where are we going?”

“I want to show you something.” He said with excitement in his voice. He lead me confusing ways until we reached a door. “close your eyes.”

I gave him a ‘what’ look. “just do it.” He said a little bit annoyed. I sighed then closed my eyes but he still placed his hands on my eyes. “just to be sure.” He said before I could protest.

He began to walk behind me then pushed me a little, I began to walk he removed one hand from my eye, I heard the door open and he pushed me again I began to walk and he stop me. I felt the wind blowing, we must be outside.

“open your eyes now.” I flew my eyes open and gasped. What I saw was amazing, there was a statue or should I say a statue of me. People were walking around it trying to figure where it should go.

“wow” I mouthed.

“you like it?” I shook my head and smile fell.

“I love it.” His face lit up, I hugged him then mouthed a thank you to him.

“you should thank my mom.” I looked at him confused. “it was her idea.” I tried to hide the disappointment on my face. For once I thought, he might be a sweet guy but it wasn’t even his idea.

“we were waiting for you to choose a spot for it.” He said as we walked down the stairs to the ground.

“what about in the center?”

“I was thinking about that too and it’s a nice spot.” He looked away then called out to the people around to put it in the center.

I looked around then realized there were other statues too. “the other statues to belongs to who?”

He stiffened a little bit then said. “that one is for my brother.” He pointed at a small statue of a kid. “this statues are for legends or one that sacrificed themselves for the safe of the kingdom.”

“why do I have a statue?”

He looked at me. “because you are the one that’s going to make this kingdom powerful.” He tugged a piece of my hair behind my ear. “when you make love to me, we’ll both be powerful. We will be untouchable and all thanks to you, for coming to our kingdom instead of the others.”

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Kale looking at us. Drake leaned in, I thought he was going to give just a peck but he deepened the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We pulled each other close, I didn’t mind kissing him in front of people but I did mind kissing him in front of Kale, so ifelt umcomfortable. 

I pulled away from him when I heard a scream, I turn to the direction the sound came from. There laid a woman bleeding, an arrow through her heart, I let out a quiet scream. Just then arrows began to pierce through people’s heart.

Before I could react, I was picked up from the ground to someone’s shoulders. I recognized the touch, it was Kale. But I can’t leave this people to die, every time I come here there is always I fight. I began to fidget in Kale’s touch.

“stop moving.” He said quietly as we entered inside. When my feet reached the floor, I ran for the door I have to help them but damn this vampires are so fast, Kale was already in front the door by a second.

“don’t even think of it.” He said sternly.

“but it is my fault every time I come here there is always trouble.”

“they can handle themselves.” He moved towards me, I begged through my face but he still refused.

“sorry.” He whispered, before I could ask anything he punched me straight on the face and everything went black.