The Shit Hits the Fan

"Yo Lisa! Where's our shit?" Marcus yelled from the living room. Marcus was the new boyfriend of Lisa Dennis. He was about 35 and got out of prison a 2 years after Alexis's accident. Lisa and Marcus met at an addicts anonymous meeting and fell off the wagon together. He moved in and they fed each-others habits. Lisa's previous boyfriend left her when Alexis got hurt, and she needed someone who wanted just her, no matter what. Turns out he wanted her for her connections to cocaine.

        "Crap Jamie got locked up 2 days ago, where am I supposed to get snow now?" Lisa stood in the kitchen searching for any leftovers from the last binge they had. "I'm looking! I think... I think we're out!" She yelled back at Marcus.

         "The fuck you mean! Out!?" Marcus barged into the kitchen visibly pissed off. "What do you mean out? Go get more I gave you 20 dollars yesterday, what you did with it bitch!?" Marcus moved closer to her.

         "We bought some yesterday.. maybe if we got some rocks..."Lisa suggested crack cocaine, it was cheaper and you could get a lot more. She knew it was also more dangerous but she didn't care, he couldn't leave her.

         "BITCH, do I LOOK like a fucking CRACKHEAD?!!"Marcus slapped her across the face and she fell to the ground. "Figure something out or I'M out." He left the room and Lisa listened to for the TV turning on to breathe again.

         "What am I supposed to do..." Lisa whispered below her sobs, and then she got an idea. "I know a bastard who only gets the best snow... but." Lisa contemplated going down that road again. He is a scumbag, but I know he has what I need. He owes me anyway. She got up and picked up her phone from the counter, searching through her contacts she stopped at C; the name of the contact she needed was 'Charles Bastard Ex'. She hesitated for a moment and pressed dial.

Ring Ring Ring

         "I was just thinking about you." Charles answered the phone sounding warm and kind. Lisa had a moment of nostalgia, he was the love of her life, she didn't want to leave him. She did it for her kids, her baby boy Joshua; but he was gone now.

         "Hey Charles." Lisa smiled, she hadn't said his name in years.

          "Lisa, Lisa, Lisa," Charles chuckled his voice had a hint of arrogance that reminded her of who Charles had become. He was a man who knew nothing of boundaries, and he knew how to invade a weak woman's mind. That's how he met Lisa.

~

          They were teenagers when they first met. Charles was charming and no one ever saw passed his façade. Lisa moved into the neighborhood in high school and from the moment he met her, he wanted her.

         "Hey you're Lisa right, new girl?"Amanda Samuels asked.

         "Uhh yes, and you are?" Lisa said nearly dropping her books.

         "I am Amanda Samuels, future senior class president of our year and your welcome party." Amanda smiled and made a grand gesture to the halls of their high school.

          "That looks like a lame welcome party." A voice said from around some corner. Lisa looked up puzzled, she turned around to find the voice and bumped into someone and dropped her books. "I bet I could show you the really amazing things this school has to offer."

          "Back off Charles, I got this handled." Amanda said as she went to help Lisa pickup her books.

          "Clearly you don't, she should be excited to start here at a new school." Charles pushed Amanda out of the way and picked up Lisa's books. Then he stepped closer as he handed them to her. "Are you excited? I am" He gave her a smile that locked her in, she saw nothing but him.