All The Negatives

It had been about another week, Marcie had officially left and Scarlett was stepping up. Life was really going good and not just... bearable. Scarlett and Damian had been talking nearly every day and tonight after Scarlett's morning shift they were finally going on a date. Scarlett's 1st date, it was monumental for her. She spent the entire night before picking an outfit. Figuring out what to say and how to flirt like someone who has actually been on dates before. It was all so new for her but David's wife Erica was very helpful, teaching her little cues like the arm touch and how to properly bat an eye. Scarlett was excited. This month was very exciting; living in a mansion, working a new job, going on her first date. All the negative things were behind her.

                She got off at 4:30 and her date was at 6. Just enough time to go home, shower, change and meet up with Damian at the restaurant he suggested. David dropped her off but stopped her before she got out of the car.

               "I am so proud of you Lex... Scarlett. Sorry." David quickly corrected.

               "It's okay" Scarlett assured him.

                "I'm just so happy that you're moving on with your life, getting out there. You deserve to be happy. And sometimes you have to go out and take it." David placed his hand on her shoulder and squeezed, giving her another boost of confidence and comfort.

              "I got this!" Scarlett smiled.

             "You got this." David smiled back gesturing for her to go ahead.

            La'Scalas was a pretty little restaurant, closer to the edge of town. It was secluded except for a couple of cheap motels, a highway that lead out of town and a small lake. The lake seemed to have a wonderful view of the starry night sky that was beginning to appear as the sun began to set. She smiled as she walked into the restaurant and saw Damian sitting in a corner looking at the menu.

          "Well hello there Sir." She said immediately regretting sounding like a child speaking to her elder. "Lovely night isn't it?"

           "Yeah, hey." Damian was distant, focused on the menu; specifically the drinks. " I thought we said 6?"

          "Oh um," Scarlett checked her phone. 6:15. "I'm sorry my brother was talking to me before I got here."

           "It's fine, look at the menu, figure out what you want." Damian was more than distant, he was cold, as cold as he looked.

            "Uh okay." Scarlett said scanning the menu. Don't screw it up, he's already irritated. Put on the charm. BAT AN EYE! "I think I'll get the Grilled Chicken Marsala and water, what about you? What are you craving tonight?" she bat her eyes as sexy as she could.

           "What am I craving?" He looked up from his menu and gave her this look and a smirk that made her feel warm and uncomfortable at the same time. "Well I think I'm going to get the Hanger Steak Medium rare."

          "Oh you like your meat bloody huh?" Scarlett winced at her horrible attempt at flirting. Seriously blood joke, Just yell out period jokes why don't you!

          "Don't you?" Damian snapped back, sending chills down her spine.

          "Oh I don't know ha ha." Scarlett said with a nervous laugh. I don't know if I am turned on or creeped out. But I already ran away from one decent guy, don't punk out now! "Maybe you'll let me taste?"