Opening Up

Opening Up

-------------

Lydia

-------------

My phone rings. I pick it up without looking at the caller ID. I know who it is. He's always calls me at 7:30 on the dot. I roll my eyes smiling before answering.

"Hello Stiles."

"Why the formal greeting?"

"I don't know. It felt right."

I hear him chuckle over the line as I put a stack of books that were on my desk, in my back pack.

"So what do today's questions look like? Another motive to try to get me to "open up" or however you said it?" I say as I sit back in my chair.

He lets out a sigh over the phone.

"I will get you to open up to me Lydia Martin. I swear to that." He says.

I roll my eyes smirking as I stare up at the ceiling, the phone pressed to my ear.

"In your dreams Stilinski." I say.

He sighs. "I will. I'm determined to make you open up to me. Because I want to help you. But if you don't open up to me, I can't."

I shake my head.

"Maybe I don't want to open up to anyone. Maybe I want everything to stay locked up for a while. To stay tucked away from everyone." I say.

He scoffs.

"Maybe. But I know- you know- that you want to open up to someone about everything that's happened to you. Because you've been through too much to keep it bottled up. And you've been keeping it bottled up for a long time. Sometime soon, the cap will come off." He says.

I shake my head and steer off of the topic. "So now that everything's kinda settled down and there aren't as many problems, anything else happen?" I ask.

"No. Nothing's really happened. It's been as normal as it could be. And we're going on a bus trip tomorrow. Lacrosse thing with the team."

I widen my eyes and sit up on the bed. "Bus trip? Stiles you're going on a bus trip after what happened last time?" I ask.

"Yeah. I am. Oh and I forgot to tell you something."

I bite my lip. "What?..."

"You're coming with me." He says.

I raise an eyebrow, even though I know he can't see me through the phone.

"Umm... No. I'm not. Nice try though." I say.

"Yeah. You are. Because I found out from Allison what happened between you and Aiden. Scott, Isaac and I are all going on this trip- and you aren't going to stay with him with no means of protection near by."

Allison told him. Traitor.

"I am not going on a bus to stay at another suicidal motel like last time you can't make me."

I cross one of my arms over my chest even though he can't see it. He speaks up after chuckling slightly on the line.

"You're right. I can't make you. But Allison, Scott, and Isaac all agree that you're coming, and they can make you." He says. I roll my eyes.

"No way I'm going. No way in freaking hell. There is no way I will get on the bus with you and re-live that hell hole..."

THE NEXT DAY: ON THE BUS