Twenty Two

"Did you hear the news? Melissa Ross' Mom was found dead at her kitchen floor last night." Alex rushed into my seat, panting.

Its just a normal morning time, but the news was impossibly normal.

I put my coffee cup and looked at her. "What?"

"The police report said there were somebody who entered her house gate at the late evening and forcefully wrecked her dining things right away. They also found pistol shots in the windows, ceilings and things around her. Some of the-"

I cut her off.

"Did they recover any thing from the killer?" I asked nervously.

"There's none." She shooked her head.

"Its be possible then." I once mumbled.

"What possible?" She asked.

I looked at her and said, "The reaper got eyes on us."

"Did Wentworth already knew about this?" She asked.

"I guess he wasn't. He is kinda busy these days. And you know, i am kinda bothered." I explained.

"Into what?" She asked.

I sighed deeply. "I think someone was following me. Its creeping me out, you know. Last time, ive been suspecting someone watching me from afar. You know, the real bad stalker things."

"Are you sure about that?" She asked.

"Im not really sure. But i think its-" i stopped and sighed.

"Then, be more careful. We dont know how smart the reaper was, and he might had plans to on me, especially on you too." She tapped my back before standing away from the seat.

"Where are you going?" I looked up at her.

"At the office. Ill just check on you later after my workhours okay? Goodbye." She said and went away.

I just watched her gone out of the coffee shop, and as she get inside her car.

I bring my phone out to see a lot of missed messages and emails coming out at the notification bar at the top of it.

But i just put it down, ignoring that lot of messages because of thinking about something.

And then, another message beep up again. I was annoyed, but i decided to take a look in it that was already capturing my attention right now.

Ithaca, NYC
Unknown

"I dont know if this may help but newspaper persons can help you find the answers. Please be careful."

I dont wanna reply back, but something in me was pushing me to do it.
Curiosity and all.

I replied asking who the hell he or she was but there's no reply was received until half of the hour already passed.

I stand up from my seat, and walked out of the shop, finding the directions into Wentworth's house. But i stopped feeling the creepy feeling again.