Spending the Night with Jerry Sales

- 07 -

"niyayaya ba niya ko magdate?"

Asked Abbey in disbelief upon reaching her room and sat back on her lazy chair, still not believing on Jerry's actions towards her in Brenda's Subaru sedan.

"at bakit parang kinilig ako kanina???" she asked again.

"naku Abbey! ABBEY! Abbey!" screamed a voice in her head.

"yan ang hindi pwede!"

"tumigil ka!"

And slapped her face so many times until she turned red. "hindi ito maaariiiiii! Waaaaaaah!"

Then a knock on the door came, "Abbey?" asked a voice. It must be Brenda.

She opened and a gift emerged on her face.

"Tada!!!!" surprised Brenda, showing a gift rectangular box.

"Wow Tita.... Ano po ito?"

"gift!"

"ayyy... Matagal pa po birthday ko"

Brenda giggled and pushed it to Abbey to accept it, "it's a late welcome gift"

"wooow...."

"open it" beamed Brenda and invited Abbey to go to her study table.

Abbey opened the gift slowly, feeling excited. She already has an idea of what is inside, that's why she was more excited to open it.

Then she untied the ribbon, removed the wrappings. And when she finally unwrapped the gift, her heart jumped and instantly poured some tears of joy.

"Titaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" she screamed.

"hihi, you like it?" asked Brenda.

"Tita thank you poooo" Abbey said, almost crying and then she offered a tight hug.

"you are so welcome Abbey" Breda hugged back.

Anyway, the gift was Samsung S8, Abbey's first ever smartphone.

"That's sim card ready and I already save your number in there and asked Jerry to save your number in his phone as well. And don't worry, alam na rin ni Gero yung number mo" said Brenda, assisting Abbey in knowing her phone.

"Naku Tita, salamat po talaga. Hindi ko po akalain na magkakaroon ako ng ganitong phone"

"don't mention it" Brenda beamed as she looked Abbey closely in her priceless reaction.

Then she patted Abbey, "go downstairs na ha, dinner's ready"

"okay po, sunod po ako"

"sige, baba na ko."

"okay po Tita"

SCENE TRANSITION - THE BAR

"wazzup Grae, napayaya ka bigla ng inuman ah, problematic?"

That was Edward with Bailey. Grae seemed to invite them for some beer and it looked like that Marco and Jerry weren't invited.

"i just need some air" Grae replied dully.

"spit it out you know" Said Edward, "this is very unusual of you"

"Ed's right, got a problem?" asked Bailey then grabbed some chips.

Grae gulped his 3rd can of beer, straight to the bottom. "i just don't get Jerry. Parang hinaharangan niya ko kay Abbey"

"oh" Edward and Bailey commented shortly and looked at each other. "that" they both said and grinned.