Chapter Eight

Genesis didn't remember much of what happened after the back doors opened; letting sunlight flood into the pitch black. They most likely took her out of the vehicle, but with a lot of force against all her kicking and screaming. Come to think of it, that's probably why she didn't remember much, and why she woke up in her old room.
Except, she was bound to a lab chair. The familiar sights began to sink in.
It has just begun to settle that she was back in the lab. Underground. The hospital was her grave. Her eyesight began to adjust to everything around her. She could see the blue glow from her fake window that spread across the floor. She saw the blinding white light from the lab window that connected to her room. A shadow passed in front of the window before quickly disappearing.
The door to the lab opened and her father walked in. He still looked the same since the last time she saw him. He was heavy set, but rather tall. His blonde hair had begun to grey, but you wouldn't be able to tell until you notice his curly mustache that showed the weariness of his age.
"Genevieve." His voice was gruff and hearing it made Genesis flinch.
"Genevieve Averly Abbott." He chuckled. "What am I going to do with you? I hope you realize this is your home. The wasteland is unforgiving; I've never been able to understand why you want to go there so bad. I've kept you here for your protection."
"From what?" Genesis's own voice sounded foreign.
"Well, lots of things. The Reapers that came for you, and killed your mother-" Her Father began to pace in front of her. "You know I saved you-..."
"From that reaper. Yes I know. Why did you drag me back here anyways?"
"Well, you are my daughter."
"Good to know you treat your children well."
He drew in a large breath of air, and then exhaled sharply.
"Genevieve."
"Genesis."
He sighed again.
"Why did you start calling yourself by that?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to be known as Genevieve Abbott." Genesis mocked.
"Genevieve. Now that you're back safe and sound. Everyone can continue where they left off." Father pulled a communicator out of his pocket. The blue light from the screen lit up his face.
"Thankfully nobody died in your whole escape, and when retrieving you."
"Nobody died?! You killed off half of Viowood!"
"And I can go back and kill the rest if you don't stay quiet!" Her Father snapped. "First thing tomorrow morning I'll make sure Dr. Emer is here to continue your regular procedures." The door opened once again and he walked through. The only sound was the metal pounding shut. Genesis was once again left in the familiar silence.
Except this time she was bound to a chair, and slightly hungry.