Soft Served Kisses

Chapter 31: Soft Served Kisses

This love we shared in was a fiery heat, a pulsing rush of longing, as tantalizing as a lover's whisper, inevitable- enough to drive the sanest of people completely deranged.

And.....I must admit I am of an unsound mind.

I stood facing him watching the expression on his face shift ever so slightly.

He spoke with a heavy tone his arms crossed across his chest, ''You want to go... shopping?"

"Yes. It's been awhile, so I want to buy clothes and some other things... "

My mind began to wander as I thought of various clothing, with differing colors, textures, and designs. However, as I was lost in thought I was interrupted.

" ...I see. Then I shall accompany you. "

His voice was so mellow that for a moment I almost thought my ears were playing tricks on me.

" Huh? You will...? "

I looked to him and he to me, his eyebrows furrowed. He adjusted his glasses with one arm as the other rested slack between the inside of his elbow.

As he drew closer my eyes fell to the floor.

" It is simply because I do not know when other vampires might seek out your blood. "

He took my chin and lifted it with his fingers, forcing me to face him. His stern eyes gazed into mine, " Unless, you take issue with the fact that I am going? "

I pulled back and replied, " N- Not at all! "

" Well then, shall we set off? "

I felt a cold blast of air from the sterile air conditioning on my bare arms as we walked down the shopping complex's ground floor. All around us was a swirl of candy bright lights. The fluorescent lights of each store contrasted with the black tiled walls and speckled marble tiles of the floor. The mall was filled with a mass of people milling around, as we walked together someone pushed against my shoulder. As I lost my balance I felt a firm arm wrap around the small of my back.

He leads me over to a place where the crowd thinned and only a small amount of people still wandered.

" Places such as this certainly are quite noisy and tiring, aren't they... "

He let a stressed sigh leave his lips.

Much to his discomfort, I was finding this trip and his presence, pleasant.

( To be able to go shopping with Reiji-san like this...It feels so much like a date that it makes me happy. )

My relaxed lips pulled into an ecstatic smile.

"Why are you grinning? Go on and purchase what you need."

He motioned at the storefront with his eyes. Reiji turned his face from where I stood I saw the edge of his lips turn up evidently trying to hide his mirth.