Chapter 9

“Caroline this is Ethan.” She points to a guy in the corner.

Wait is that? It is.

“Caroline what are you doing here?” Ethan asks me over the very loud music.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m hanging out with some of my friends I’m from here. Caroline this is not a place you should be.” He scolds me.

Who’s he to tell me where I can and can’t be? Does my Dad and Cheryl know he’s here?

“Does your mom know you’re here?” I ask him.

“Well yeah she just doesn’t know what all goes on here.” He shrugs.

“What exactly goes on here?”

“Stuff. Now you should leave before things get ugly.”

“I’m not leaving just yet I have to get rid of something first.” I huff.

“I’ll help come on.” He pulls me into the kitchen so I can hear him better.

“Help? You’re not helping me with this.” I laugh.

“Why can’t I?”

“You’re going to be my step-brother. That’s disgusting.”

“I’m not following.” He waits for an answer.

“I’m going to lose my virginity. Well get rid of it. I was talked into it and there’s no backing down now.” I reach for a plastic red cup.

“Caroline why would you try to lose your virginity at a scum place like this?”

“Why not? It’s not important I don’t need it. Once it’s gone I won’t have to worry and it anymore.”

“Okay I can’t deal with you talking crazy.” He pulls my arm outside.

The music is still thumping outside. The lawn is a mess. Red cups scattered everywhere and various furniture.

“Do you want to leave?” Ethan asks me.

“No I want to go in there find a stranger get rid of the one thing that makes me stand out here and go to bed.”

“This is serious? You’re not kidding?”

“No I’m not kidding.” I turn on my heel and walk back inside to where I see people dancing.

I grab a tall blonde. He’s not my type but I guess he’ll do.

“Dance with me.” I yell over the booming music.

He agrees to dance with me and I walk to the dance area. I start swaying my hips mimicking the other girls around me. He puts his hands on my hips really close to my ass. We dance for two more songs and he asks me if I want to get out of here.

“Sure.” I nod.

He takes me to his car and we get in and he pulls off.

The drive was not silent. He had screaming music play through almost the whole drive. I’m thankful for the distraction though.

He pulls into a comfort inn. He walks in and down a hallway. I guess he’s already got a room?

We walk into the room and he pulls me in. He lies on the bed and I stand awkwardly in the corner.

“You coming?” he asks and pats a spot beside him.

“Mhmm.” I can’t form any real words. I’m shaking as I sit down on the other side of the bed.