Chapter 5

“Caroline wait!” Harry yelled from behind me.

“What do you want?” I turn around.

“Why do you always fucking run?” he says through clenched teeth.

“Why do you always have to be an ass?” I say right back.

“Why do you always answer my question with another question?” he steps closer to me.

I stay silent knowing that if I opened my mouth I would regret what I would say.

“Come with me.” He pulls my arm again but this time towards a car.

“Is this your car?” I ask.

“Yes.”

“Wow.” I say impressed. It’s a black BMW M3. The inside is just as sleek as the outside. Nice leather seats and a very clean interior. It looks almost brand new.

“Nice huh?”  He says sounding very egotistical.

“Very.” I feed into his already big head.

-

-

-

He’s been driving for over twenty minutes without saying a word. He won’t tell me where we’re going or how long it will take to get there he just shakes his head.

“Is it safe?” I ask getting more and more worried the more and more farther from the university we get.

“Shhh.” He finally says something.

“Okay. “ I say giving up.

I thought Aaron was supposed to keep this from happening. Wait where did Aaron go? Did he just let Harry take me without a fight?

“Where’d Aaron go?” I ask hoping to get some kind of answer out of him.

“Hush Caroline.” He attempts to keep me quiet again.

“Why? The silence is so loud. I just really want some answers.” I tell him.

“Caroline do you feel like you’re in danger?”

“No.” I answer without thought.

“Then please hush.” He says again. I sit back in my seat and stare at the road. The car is filled with his scent. A musky sage, it might be the sexiest smell in the world.

Sitting in this car with him and his scent all around me it takes me back to earlier today when I kissed him. How intense the kiss was and how tender his plump lips were. I feel my body flush thinking about him. I want to kiss him again is all I can think.

“You okay?” he asks me.

“Yeah.” I turn my face to hide my flushed cheeks.

“You sure?”

“Yes. I was just lost in thought.” I tell him making sure not to look at him because if I did he would somehow know what I was thinking.

“We’re almost there if you’re wondering.”

“Thank you.” I smile.

-

-

-

-

We arrive to a park called Lake Lynn. I’m in love with all of the trees I see everywhere as I step out of the car. There’s a dock on down that I see and benches line the lake all around for as far as I can see.