Chapter 11

I had to leave. When Zoey was talking to me she was talking down to me, like a child, or someone who was less than her. And she and Harry clearly have some things to figure out. And what in the hell is going on with them and their whole four months thing? This whole thing is too weird for me.

The anger is still boiling in my face. How can she confront him for cheating? She literally just admitted she cheated on him a couple days ago.

-

-

-

Sitting at a red light about a mile away from the University I think back to what Harry asked me to do. He said four months, and then we could be together. I shouldn’t have to wait four months to be with someone. Right? I shouldn’t have to wait at all if he really wanted to be with me he’d dump her. This whole thing is pathetic.

I keep saying I don’t need him and to just meet someone new. But it hurts to think about just leaving him and finding someone new. Why does it hurt? I’ve known him a week, not even a full week yet. He’s still a stranger. I need to let him go.

-

-

-

When I wake up the next morning the sun is shining even brighter through the window. I look over to Sutton’s bed and she’s still there. I feel like we should talk and work things out. I’ll tell her after my jog.

When I check my phone Liam had already texted me asking if we were still on. I smile at the text and reply and put on my running clothes. When I meet him down there he’s having a conversation with the person I didn’t want to see.

“Hey Caroline. You remember Harry right?” Liam asks me and I smile at them.

“Yeah I think so. I’m Caroline, It’s nice to meet you again.” I say to Harry just to make it clear to him that his game is over.

“Meet me again? Are you serious?” He furrows his brows at me.

“We have met yes. And right now we’re meeting again.” I gesture my hands between us.

“What the fuck?” he stares at me.

“Okay you need to leave if you’re going to talk to Caroline like that.” Liam tells him and I silently thank him.

“Fuck you.” Harry says to him.

“She’s acting like nothing happened.” He rolls his eyes.

“Happened? What do you mean happened?” Liam asks. And I look to Harry and beg him with my eyes not to say anything.

“We fucked and now she’s shy.” He smirks.

“Okay we need to talk. Now.” I eye him and walk over to the nearest tree away from Liam.

“What the hell?” I whisper yell at him.

“Did I embarrass you in front of sweet poor Liam? Oh well. Serves him right.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re mine not his. Get that?” He asks.

“Actually I’m no ones and after what happened last night I will never be yours. So do me a favor and leave me the hell alone.” I turn and walk back to Liam.

“I’m so sorry. Harry was lying about the whole…um… you know.” I try to make eye contact with him.

“So you all haven’t had sex?”

“No! No! He thought it would be funny to say that after what…I mean just…I’m just done with him and no we never had sex. Can we go now?”

“Sure.” He smiles.