HUSTLA KILLA

Short, Part 1 Preview

            Now P was going to work Monday to Friday, had his two best friends selling weed for him which also put money in their pocket, and he was starting in the cocaine business getting more clients and flipping 8 balls so things were starting to look good.

One day he was coming home from work, he got off the bus and walked to his mom’s apartment. His mom lived in a good area, she was a French immersion teacher for first graders. P was coming home and when he got to his apartment, he saw two thugged out looking black guys that were in their twenties, one looked closer to 30. They looked like they were looking to rob someone. One of them asked P if he had any weed. Since P was feeling good that he was making money and had money coming in from different sources, he felt a bit sorry for them. He told them that he was coming home from work and he’s going upstairs to change and he’s about to smoke a blunt, so if they want he’ll let them touch the blunt and if they want to buy some after he’ll hook them up proper.

The guys said ok cool, and P went into the building. They followed him in but P didn’t trust them so he pressed a different floor in the elevator and brought them to the staircase and told them to wait there. He went up the stairs a few floors to his, went in his house and dropped off his work bag and grabbed a Century Sam.

            He left his apartment and thought whether he should go back to the guys that most likely wanted to rob him. He thought about it and decided he’ll smoke the poor guys a blunt and if they try to pull a stunt he’ll ice pick them up and call it a day.

He went back down the stairs and told the guys “Let’s go outside cuz security always comes around.” He didn’t need the hassle which was true.

They went outside to the back of another building and P broke up the weed, the blunt, twisted it and sparked it.

He asked the guys where they were from and they said Jane and Finch. The guys asked him how much weed he had and who he lived with, the really wrong questions, thought P. He told them he had a few grams and that he lived with his mom and dad and 3 brothers which was a lie, because he had ounces of weed in the house and cocaine and his dad didn’t even live there. In reality only his little sister was home, but he knew what they were getting at so he didn’t want to encourage them.

            P passed the blunt and when it came back he was smoking it with his right hand which had a big diamond pinkie ring, and one of the guys grabbed his hand to try to get a closer look. P yanked his hand back and told the guy, “Keep your fucking hands to yourself yo!”

 “I was just trying to get a closer look.” The guy replied, surprised at Ps quick outburst.

Yeah, like you know anything about diamonds you dumb fuck thought P. 

They smoked and the blunt went around a few times. One guy was about 6 foot and about 180 pounds, the older bigger dude was about 6’4 and about 220 pounds at least because he wasn’t slim at all for his height. They asked P how much weed he had on him, and he told them he had a 20 sac and he’ll throw it to them for 10 bucks if they want it, if not it’s all good.

The bigger dude asked the other if he thinks it’s worth going over to that girl’s house to pick up that 10 dollars, in Patois, which is really broken English and it’s not that hard to understand if you hear it enough. The smaller dude told him it’s up to him and it doesn’t matter to him really because it’s only 10 bucks. Now, they weren’t talking about going to any girls house, they where discussing if it’s worth robbing P over 10 bucks. P knew that of course and he saw them and what they were up to before they even said anything to him when he got to the building.