HELL HOLE

At 5:30 am the guards came and woke him up for court. P brushed his teeth and got dressed and then they brought him downstairs and sat him in the Brampton court cell.

He was the first one there and about ten minutes later they brought some more kids, one was a little Vietnamese guy much smaller than P, he weighed maybe ninety pounds. The guy sat beside P and a few minutes later the guard came with five big black guys.

P was half asleep with his head against the grill and he looked up to see who they brought and he noticed one of the black kids was staring at him like he wanted to kill him.

P looked at him like what the fuck is up, but didn’t say anything since the guard was there unlocking the gate and letting them in. The bigger black kid kept starring at P non-stop and P figured he was looking to get beat down like all the other big cool tough guys. The guys walked into the bullpen and the guy kept staring at P.

            The guard locked up the bullpen and left, P waited for him to walk down the hall and when he was far away he told the kid that was still screwfacing him, “Yo what the fuck you looking at kid, what the fuck is up yo, you know me or something?”

The kid kept starring at P like he wanted to kill him then he said, “Yeah, you know me, you know me.”

P had no idea who the kid was but since shit looked like it was going to pop off, he got up and said, “So what the fuck is up then yo?”

One of the guy’s buddies, excited like a happy hyena, asked the guy, “Yo, that’s the guy that shanked you? That’s the guy?”

“Yeah that’s him,” the first guy replied.

P wondered what guy was this that he stabbed since he stabbed a few guys. P looked at the guy not recognizing him and then it came to him, it was the same guy that he put holes in that he was doing time for now. P remembering now got pissed off.

“So yo, what the fuck is up then yo what the fuck is up?!” P said.

His boys were saying “yo let’s rush him” and they all were standing, all hell was about to break loose when Niles, the guy P stabbed, said, “Nah yo, we’ll get in trouble, we’ll get in trouble.”

P was thinking in his head, what the fuck is this guy talking about ‘trouble’, we’re in jail. But he didn’t even have to say it because the guy’s boys were telling him, “Fuck that yo, we’re in jail, let’s get him!”

“Nah, nah, fuck that, I’ll get him on road later,” the Niles kid was saying.

“Fuck that yo there’s five of us he’s by himself, let’s get him!” said his hyena buddies, pissed off. 

“Nah, nah, later, later, there’s a camera here too,” the guy kept saying. P was standing ready to rip them all to pieces even though there were five of them, all much bigger and he was by himself. One really big black guy with them said, “Yo look, I’m blocking the camera, get him, what the fuck you waiting for?”

P was wondering the same thing. If they weren’t that many or at least the place was bigger, since the cell was pretty small and there wasn’t much room to manoeuvre, he would’ve rushed all of them himself. P was thinking about rushing them anyway but he figured there was no point to start in a very disadvantageous situation if he didn’t have to. Niles clearly didn’t want to do anything and P still stood up in case they changed their mind. Niles sat down and his hyena buddies settled down.

            P was thinking, what a bitch, this guy is way bigger than me with four big guys to help him and he still doesn’t want to bang. His hyena buddies were still trying to convince him to attack P and they’d help him but Niles kept saying he had something on road for him like they live on the same block or something.  The guys asked Niles where P stabbed him and the kid took off his shirt and showed them. He pointed around his chest and said, “Here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.” P was surprised because he thought he got him a few times but apparently it was a bit more than a few. The guy had said ‘here’ about ten times and pointed to about ten different parts of his chest. P wondered how the fuck he lived, and he remembered the guy being thicker, he must have lost some weight with all those holes in him thought P to himself. The other kids in the bullpen were watching and listening to the whole thing and the small Vietnamese guy besides P said in his Vietnamese accent, “Hey, you steb tha guy?”