One - Having "Fun" (Rapunzel)

I sat against a pine tree, beside the frozen pond. The snow gleaming perfectly in the sunlight. I closed my eyes, just to listen to the perfect silence. It was broken in an instant by the sound of footsteps, softly crunching through the fluffly snow. I turn around to find Jack walking in my direction. He had ice skates in one hand, and in the other, he held his oddly shaped stick. He calls it his "staff." He says it makes him feel powerful or something. It confuses me, but I don't argue.

"Hey Punzie!" he said. 

"Hey!"

"Are ya ready to skate?"

"Not really."

"Don't go chicken on me, Punz."

I playfully shoved him as we put on our skates. As I stood up, a blade on one of my skates fell off. "Here," said Jack. "Use mine. I'll have more fun barefoot." I laced them on, and we began skating. Everytime, we spend time with each other, the hours seem like minutes. Always going faster. Sometimes, I wish moments like this could last forever. 

Jack decided to take a break after a while. "Don't get tired on me now, Frost." I said in a mocking tone. He shrugged off my attempt to insult him, and chuckled. I kept on skating. I tried to do a spin, but I slipped and fell. And the impact of the fall started to crack the ice. "Rapunzel!" Jack shouted. "Jack, I'm scared." I said, slowly standing up. "I know," he said. "But you're not gonna fall in. You're gonna be alright. We're gonna have a little fun instead." I doubted his words. But even though Jack plays tricks a lot, he takes moments like this seriously. I looked at him with a concerned, yet trustworthy smile and said "Okay."

He took a few steps toward me. No movement from the ice. Then he started to pretend to fall, to keep my spirits up. I giggled. Then, the ice beneath him began to crack. We were both thinking the same thing, as we looked at each other. He took one step. The ice collapsed right under him.

"No!" I shouted, as he disappeared beneath the frigid water.