Beauty and the geek chapter 5 part 2

Paige

Owen came running in with a bat and whacked the creep. He fell to the ground and I ran to Owen. He put himself between me and the old hobo. When he got up he started to curse at Owen and went for his throat. They screamed and Zach ran in with a shotgut. I knew it was unloaded. I got used to it over the years that our parents had left. Zachary kept an unloaded gun by his bed to protect me. Just like what just happened. Zach pointed the gun at the creep and he held his hands up, frightened. I looked perfectly serious as Zach yelled at the man for his name and told him to get out. The man sprinted down the street when Zach fired a blank out of the gun. It kind of made me laugh. I was still clinging to Owen and he had his arms around me. Zach then pointed the gun at Owen and very seriously said, "Okay buddy, away from the girl or you're next." Owen lifted his hands and stepped away. I laughed some more and made Zach put the gun down. "Do you think I could stay here? My mom would flip if I walked in at one thirty in the morning," Owen asked. I looked up at Zach with my trademark puppy dog eyes and he caved easily. " Yeah sure, just nowhere near my little sis," Zach said. Owen agreed and I took his hand and brought him downstairs to the guest room. He got settled and sat on the bed in his t-shirt and boxers. I walked back in to see him there. I sat beside him and said, "What's wrong Owen?"

"I can't help but think what could've happened if I hadn't came tonight, what that creep could've done to you..."

"Yes but you did come and save me Owen, and I can never thank you enough for that."

"What if I had been too late? What if-" I stopped him mid-scentence by kissing him. I could tell he was tense but he ended up relaxing and kissing me back. I pulled away and said, "See, I'm fine Owen, Nothing is going to happen to me."

"Would you stay down here so I can keep an eye on you?"

"Not at all, but Zach might..."

"NO I DON'T! JUST DON'T DO SLEEP TOGETHER!" Zach yelled down the stairs. We laughed and Owen wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and just snuggled closer to him.

Owen

I put my arms around her as we sat on the bed and I kissed her head. I could tell that she was tired and frankly so was I... "You can sleep on the bed, I'll take the floor," I said but she stopped me.

"No, you don't have to, I think Zach meant don't have sex."

"Only if you're okay with it."

"And why wouldn't I be?" She asked. I smiled and laid down on the bed. I noticed how big it really was. I guessed it was a queen...

"King sized actually," She said and smiled. I laughed and she laid next to me. I pulled her onto my chest and wrapped my arms around her. She shivered and I pulled the blankets over us. It was weird, this was the first time I had been in a bed with a girl and not had sex... I didn't want to either. Sure it was odd but it was good. Soon I fell asleep and dreaded school tomorrow.

~*~The next morning~*~

I woke up with Paige still laying on me. Zach walked in then and rolled his eyes at me.

"Wake her up or you'll both be late," He whispered. I nodded and he left.

"Paige, wake up, it's Thursday," I said quietly, but not whispering. I started stroking her back and she started to wake up."Paige, we need to get to school." That woke her up. She bolted up and looked at the clock. "We have time," She said looking at me with eyes the colour of the ocean. "No, get ready and I'll meet you in the kitchen."

Paige

"I'll meet you in the kitchen," Owen said and pushed me off the bed. I glared at him and walked back to my room. I changed out of my dirty nightgown and found some cute skinny jeans and an Aeropostale tee. I grabbed my Mayday Parade hoodie and threw on some socks. I ran down the hall and to the stairs on which I fell. I slid all the way down to the basement where Owen just laughed and helped me back up the stairs. Stupid socks. It's why I almost never wear any. I grabbed an apple and put on my black Converse. Soon enough I grabbed my bag and ran out to Owen's car. We drove to school singing to whatever was on the radio. It was great, granted my living room window was smashed in.