cuatro

{Romeo}

"So we start with Betty," I said hurriedly as I picked up my school bag. 

"Romeo, calm down. We can just track the location Asha's phone see where she is and go there, you're a Beckham for god sake you could get a flight anywhere in the world in half an hours time" Seb said and I shook my head. 

"I'm doing this how Asha wants me to do it, how she wants us to do it. I want to find out why she ran away not just show up on her doorstep. I'm pretty sure she's in Spain somewhere. She said she hadn't spoken English in ages. The only other language she knows is Spanish. She spoke to the kid in Spanish. She is Spanish. I know we will find her at the end but right now all I want to know is why she did this. How I'm involved and why everyone else is." I yell. 

"You always take a slow way, Beckham." Seb moaned and I shook my head once again. 

"I take the correct way. You can go sit next to Asha by the pool in Spain topping your tan up but I want to know why she did what she did. And I know Asha better than anyone, she is not just gonna tell you when you see her face to face." He nodded, I finally got through to him. 

"Well, let's ditch school and find Betty Cullins," Seb said. We snuck out of the janitors closet and out of school. I jumped into my car and we drove to my house. 

"Why would she be here?" Seb asked me confused as I opened my front door. 

"She won't be, but she's my brother Ex remember. He'll know where she is" I was greeted by Olive, our dog who started barking loudly at us when he saw us. 

"Who's there?" Brooklyn called coming downstairs with a baseball bat in his hand. 

"Put the bat down I'm your fucking brother" Brooklyn sighed in relief when he saw me and Seb. 

"Sorry, It's normally just me here, so I got confused. Why aren't you both at school?" He asked taking a seat on the sofa in the living room where we entered into. He let Olive jump onto his lap as we sat down opposite him. 

"Just stuff with Asha you know," I sighed faking a lot of sadness. "Everyone was talking about her cause it has been a year and it just got too much for us" Seb looked strangely at me. It was like the whole school had forgotten about Asha, no one even remembered it was a year today. 

I winked at Seb and he caught on, "What have you been up to Brooklyn on this sad day?" Seb said sadly and pretended to wipe a tear from his eye. I gave him a look as to say, too far and he nodded. 

"I was just working on some stuff for Uni," Brooklyn replied looking at us strangely knowing we were up to something. 

"Weren't you with Betty?" Seb asked. 

"No, we broke up weeks ago, you know when I realised how much of a bitch she was. Please say you knew?" Brooklyn looked weirded out. 

"Must have missed that, oops. What does Betty do with her time now that she doesn't spend most of her time moaning your name." Okay, Seb was going too far now. 

"Eh," Brooklyn looked freaked out about how Seb brought up his sex life with Betty. 

"She works in a Cafe, near the park down the street," Brooklyn said as he stroked Olive. 

"That's great, now we really must be getting to school again, bye," Seb said and pulled me off the seat and we left my house. 

"Lava Java, on the corner of the street opposite the park, that's where she is" I nodded in agreement and Seb and I hoped into my car and set off for Lava Java Cafe.