Chapter 12 - Prying into the truth

A new day dawned over Gravity Falls.
The day that Dipper had decided to march on over to Frisk's home and get some answers from them.
Like, did they break Ford's device? What have they done in the "past"? Do they have any other weird powers? And why on Earth do they even have powers to begin with? It shouldn't be humanly possible.

Dipper planned to go alone, as Mabel had said that she is against the idea of not being friends with Frisk, but upon telling her about his plan for the day she wanted to come along.

"C'mon Dipper! I want to go too!"
"I thought you didn't want Frisk to think we weren't friends with them?"
"Well- yeah. But I also want to know a few things myself and we're mystery twins! No mystery is a match for us when we're together!"
"You're right there Mabel." Dipper chuckled. "Come on, let's get ready. We could have a long day ahead of us."

After preparing and telling Stan that they were going outside, the twins headed towards Frisk's home. It wasn't too long until they were right outside of their home. Hesitantly, Dipper knocked on the door...

The door flew open in an instant. It wasn't Toriel or Frisk, but Papyrus who opened the door this time. It's a miracle it didn't break.

"AHA! THE TWO TWIN HUMANS! WHAT BRINGS YOU TO THE HUMBLE HOME OF THE GREAT, THE BRILLIANT, THE AMAZING PAPYRUS? ARE YOU PREHAPS HERE TO SEE... ME?!"
"Well uh actually uhm-"
"NOW NOW, THERE'S NO NEED TO BE SHY AROUND THE GREAT PAPYRUS, REGARDLESS OF HOW DASHINGLY HANDSOME AND AMAZING HE IS! COME IN! COME IN!"

Papyrus ushered the twins inside, not giving them a second to answer or say anything

"WELCOME... TO THE LIVING ROOM! NOTE: NOT ACTUALLY ALIVE. YET."

Papyrus brought the twins to the living room, as previously announced. It had a TV, couch, table and a comfy rug. Thankfully, the couch was much better than the one back in Snowdin.

"NOW, WAS THERE A REASON YOU WANTED TO SEE ME, THE GREAT PAPYRUS? OR DID YOU JUST MISS LOOKING AT MY AMAZING FACE?"

"Your face IS amazing Papyrus! But Dipper and I were wondering if Frisk was here? We'd like to hang out with them!"

"HM... FRISK IS CURRENTLY OUT SOMEWHERE, I DON'T KNOW WHERE THOUGH. THEY LEFT SHORTLY AFTER TORIEL AND SANS WENT OUT TO GET SOME INGREDIENTS FOR PIES. ALTHOUGH I'M PRETTY SURE SANS IS ONLY THERE TO MAKE PUNS RATHER THAN HELP."

"Uh... Do you know any places that Frisk likes to hangout or visit? A-anything?" Stuttered Dipper.

The room was silent for a few minutes as Papyrus was in thought. Finally, he had an idea.

"WELL. I KNOW THAT FRISK HAS MADE MANY MONSTER FRIENDS IN THE UNDERGROUND AND KNOWS A FEW FOOD VENDORS TOO, THEY COULD BE VISITING ONE OF THEM."

"Wow! I hope they're good cooks then! Who are these monsters anyway?" Asked Mabel.

Silence again.

"WELL... I KNOW THEY SPEAK TO THE NICE CREAM VENDOR, BURGERPANTS WHO ISN'T HERE AS HE'S WITH METTATON AND A SPIDER LADY WHO IS ALSO A BAKER. I'VE NEVER MET HER! BUT THAT'S WHAT FRISK TELLS ME! I DO KNOW THAT THE NICE CREAM MONSTER ISN'T HERE EITHER RIGHT NOW. I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN A WHILE. FROM WHAT I KNOW, THE SPIDER LADY'S SHOP IS ALMOST ALWAYS OPEN."

"Wow! Thanks Papyrus! Where is her shop anyway? I've never seen it or heard if it before."

"OH YOU'LL KNOW! WHEN YOU CAN SMELL PASTRIES. VERY STRONG SCENT. I SUPPOSE IT WOULD BE MOUTHWATERING, IF I HAD A TONGUE."