Chapter Three-Love, Fights, and Awkward Situations...Not Exactly in that Order

"Rocket." Jinx stared at the inventor in front of her surprised. "What are you doing here? I thought you'd be getting settled in your room..."

"I did already, don't really have a lot of stuff. I thought maybe if you had the time...we could talk? Or something?" Rocket asked. But then got embarrassed. "I-I mean, not like-like...um...you know. I, uh, didn't mean what maybe you thought I meant. Not to assume anything-"

Jinx laughed, throwing her head back, at Rocket's stuttering. He thought it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever saw.

"Oh Rocket. I would love to talk. But, I'm looking after Isabelle. Unless you're alright with her staying in the room?" Jinx asked uncertainly.

"Oh right, yeah of course. Doesn't matter to me." He walked over and sat down beside the blonde haired soldier.

They both were silent for a few moments. Isabelle watching her toys, Jinx watching Isabelle, and Rocket watching Jinx. After the few moments, Jinx turned her head, while Rocket quickly whipped his head to face forward. But, not fast enough, for Jinx saw he was looking at her. She smiled.

"So? What did you want to talk about? Not saying sitting in silence is bad...but." Jinx smirked.

"Right, of course...talking...love talking. So much fun," Rocket said, trailing off every few words. "I was just wondering..."Once again trailing off. But, of course, Jinx just stared intently, waiting for what he was going to say.

"Yes?" She asked, prompting him forward.

"I was just wondering if you would like to...help me with my new bomb design!"

Chicken! An inner voice said, mockingly.

Jinx's eyes dimmed and her shoulders slumped for a moment before she regained her composure and smiled a fake smile.

"Of course Rocket, I would love too. I've actually got a few ideas that I want to run past you as well! If you would like?" Jinx looked hopeful.

"Of course," Rocket said, smiling at the woman. "I would love to."

"Awesome! How about I go and get some of the plans. There in my courtiers, not very far away. If you could just watch Isabelle for a few moments...that would be greatly appreciated."

"Sure, but it's not my fault."

"What do you mean?" Jinx asked, standing up from the couch and walking to the front door.

"It's just so you know that if anything goes wrong it's not my fault."

Jinx laughed and swiped her hand for the door to open. "Just, try not to kill her or anyone else. Okay?"

"Easier said than done..." Rocket whispered as Jinx opened the door and walked out, throwing a grin over her shoulder him. As the door whooshed shut behind her, Rocket turned back to look at the toddler. Only to find a pair of bright blue eyes staring at him with wonder.

"Ah!" Rocket yelled, falling to the ground quite ungracefully.

Isabelle giggled and ran to sit beside the fallen inventor. She smiled and him and waited for him to sit back up again.

"Geez kid," Rocket said, dusting off his jacket, "don't go around scaring people like that. It ain't healthy." Isabelle just tilted her head and giggled.

"You don't talk?" Rocket asked, moving to sit crossed legged in front of the blonde haired toddler. When Isabelle didn't answer, Rocket just sighed and started to get up, only to feel a small hand pat his head.

Knowing it was the kid, Rocket held back all his instincts to snarl and snap. But he just froze, waiting for Isabelle to stop petting his head. She didn't, in fact seeing as though Rocket didn't seem to care, she started to pet his ears too.