Chapter Four-Trio Mission...Go!

Jinx and Rocket stared at each other for a moment before running to the door.

Jinx quickly swiped her hand and the door opened to reveal an out of breath soldier.

"What's wrong?" Jinx asked.

"I don't know, Major. The General just said to get you, your team and the Guardians." The soldier was standing at attention.

"At ease soldier." Jinx waved him off. "Go find the others, Rocket and me-"

Rocket cut her off. "What about the kid?" He jabbed a finger at the oblivious toddler.

"Shit, you're right..." she trailed off until she noticed the soldier still hadn't left. "Okay, new plan. You," she pointed to the young man, "will watch Isabelle. Rocket and I will find everyone else."

She stepped into the hallway with Rocket in tow, leaving the poor soldier blinking in confusion.

"H-Hey, I don't know how..." he stammered out.

"Don't worry, it's a piece of cake!" Rocket said, smirking. Then he and Jinx took off down the hallway to fetch the rest of their teammates.

The soldier gulped and tentatively took a step forward. "Um...hi?"

"I honestly don't understand you sometimes. We just got back from...um." Peter coughed and Gamora laid a hand on his shoulder. 

"I wasn't the one who called you, it was General Sharma. And obviously, it's important because the poor young man that came to get us was quite shaken up." Jinx said, leading the group down another hallway, random soldiers passing by and giving curt nods.

"Well, did he give an indication of what we are being called for?" Corrigan piped up from the back.

"No, I'm afraid not." Jinx stopped suddenly, leaving Rocket to run into her leg. "Oh sorry," she said awkwardly. She turned around to face her friends. "One more thing, General Sharma has been known for her...temper. Perhaps if would be best if I and Corrigan do the talking, just in case she's having a bad day."

"I completely agree," Gamora said, jabbing Peter in the ribs. He cried out and glared at her, but the dark-haired alien just focused ahead.

Jinx sighed and nodded, almost as if she was reassuring herself about what they were about to do. She turned around and swiped her hand across the identification screen, the door opened with a whoosh, and they all filed in.

A black-haired woman, presumably General Sharma, was facing away from them, furiously tapping away at one of the larger panels. Jinx cleared her throat, but the General didn't turn around. Jinx tried again, this time the General sighed and lazily turned around, her eyebrows high on her forehead. Until she realized who was there.

"Oh my, apologies Major Pierce, I assumed you were one of the annoying cadets that just came in." Sharma flipped her long hair behind her head, while Jinx just smiled.

"No problem, General Sharma. We were just notified that you called for us. What is it that you need?" Jinx asked, everyone else then focused on what the General had to say.

"Ah yes, of course. It has been fairly busy around here lately. I haven't had much time to think." Sharma turned around again to tap at the panel, she continued after she had pulled up a picture of a green and grey planet. "I have called you here today to discuss a mission. I am aware that the Guardians have just returned from a..." she failed to find the right word for a moment, "interesting mission. But I assure you, this is a get in and get out."

Jinx raised an eyebrow has the General swiped the screen, an image appeared of a beautiful landscape. There were giant mountains in the background, with a valley of purple flowers in front of it.