Chapter Five-The Girl Has Been Found

"What the hell?" Rocket said, dropping the piece of wood in his hands to the ground. "Tawny?" He called, not taking his eyes off the strange sight. "Can you come over here please?"

Rocket could hear the plant humanoid sigh and then proceed to head over. When she was a few feet away, she spoke up. "What do you want? I'm not in the mood for jokes Rocket, this is serious, these people could-oh my goodness."

"Yeah, exactly. What the hell are we supposed to do now?" Rocket asked, looking up at Tawny.

"I...um. I don't know..." She answered, her eyes not looking away and confusion was written all over her face.

Then, Groot appeared and rushed between Tawny's legs to the hole in the rubble. He crouched down and then looked at Rocket. "I am Groot."

"No Groot."

"I am Groot?"

"Because we can't."

"I am Groot!"

"You can't either!"

Groot glared and then stood up, hands on his hips. "I. Am. Groot!"

"Now you listen here you dumb-" Rocket stepped forward, but Tawny put a hand on his chest. 

"That's enough you two, you're scaring her." Tawny gently pushed the two best friends aside and got on her knees. "Come here darling, you're safe now."

"What are we gonna tell them?" Rocket asked, folding his arms. "'Oh yeah, we didn't find your really important scientists. Sorry about that. But we did find one of their science projects! Yeah, their offspring'." Rocket said, sarcasm in every word.

"That's enough Rocket," Tawny said, cradling the small baby in her arms. "We don't know what happened. For all, we know this is not the scientist's baby."

"Seriously? Are you kidding me? Whose else could it be?! I don't see any other people around, do you?" Rocket asked, throwing his hands in the air. "Obviously the two lovebirds did the do, I mean, I wouldn't blame them! Being cooped up with another person for who knows how long is bound to end in something along these lines-"

"We are going now, there's nothing else for us here," Tawny said, and Rocket watched as she grew a small basket the perfect size for the baby from her chest, and let the baby be placed in. Groot climbed her leg and all the way up the basket and snuggled in beside the baby.

Rocket sighed but nodded. "Fine. But, you're telling General what's-her-name all of this." He gestured around at the destroyed base.

"Very well." Tawny nodded. "Let's go." And the trio turned quartet started off towards the Milano.

But, unnoticed to them, far in the distance, a transmission was broadcasting:

The girl has been found. The girl has been found.

When they got back to Xander, both the Guardians and the Alpha team were waiting for them. The girl was whisked from Tawney's arms and off to the medical wing. Tawny stared longingly and then decided to follow, Groot sitting on her shoulder. But, Jinx stopped her before she could.

"Tawny," Jinx said, "what happened?"

"It's a long story," Tawney mumbled. "We should probably go sit somewhere..."

Rocket nodded in agreement and both teams went to go find somewhere to discuss. 

Jinx lead them to an interrogation room, to which Rocket looked at in distaste. And Jinx raised her eyebrows in question.