Episode 5: Silver

The silver-haired boy calmly hide behind a tree, watching as the two boys ran off in search for him. 'Who are those two?' he thought. He stared back the girl they were with. She was melting his ice! 'She's an XYZ user too. Are those two guys also like us? Should I talk to them?'

"Hey you!" The guy glanced over again and noticed the blonde girl making her way toward him.

'Oh crud!' he thought, turning around to flee.

"Oh no you don't!" Diane yelled, sending fireballs at him.

'Is this girl insane?' He shielded himself with a wall of ice as if he were a member of some nation's riot police. Diane's eyes widened upon seeing the ice remain intact. Only a few droplets covered its surface, but those rapidly froze once more.

"What in the world?" she snapped, taking a step back.

Silver gave her a confident grin. Diane's hands clench into fists as blue fireballs manifested. "I hate being made fun of!"

The boy took a step back. He could feel the intense heat upon him even though she stood several feet away. His shield melted even though they had yet to touch it.

"Ready?" she warned.

The silver-haired boy backed away and formed ice crystals around them. 'I got to get away.' He launched the ice crystals at her, creating an icy mist. 'Now's my chance!'

"I told you to wait!" Before he knew it, he was on the ground. Diane stood on his back, pressing his hands together like a cop.

'Who is this girl? Where did she learn to fight like this?'

'Unhand me!' he yelled in his mind.

"Seems that we... Oh look. It seems that you found him," Roy said, chuckling. "Though you don't have to treat the guy like a criminal."

The young man struggled against Diane's grip, but her hold remained firm.

"Can you make some chains, he won't stop struggling."

Roy snapped his fingers, drawing iron up from the ground to form a pair of handcuffs. Diane slipped them on the mysterious ice XYZ user and pulled the guy to his feet.

"We got a few questions to ask of you."

'This girl is scarier than the mechas,' Blake thought, sweat dripping from his face. 'I better remember not to get on her bad side.'

***

Diane took the guy to a secluded part of the school to question him. No matter what Roy or she did, he wouldn't talk.

"Come on, at least tell us your name," Diane said, kicking up dead pine needles. No answer. "Fine, if you'll be that way then you leave me no choice!" She searched him up in down in search for some sort of ID.

The guy's face flushed as her hands searched his pants pockets. "I found it!" she yelled, pulling out a wallet.

"Ohh, does he have a lot of money?" Roy asked, eyes beaming.

'Is this some kind of robbery?' Blake and the boy thought.

Diane rolled her eyes at him as she pulled out a school I.D. "So, your name is Silver Neige. You're fifteen years old." She sighed. "At least we know who you are."

He looked away, annoyed.

"Hey, why won't you say anything?" she snapped, crossing her arms.

Blake glanced at the card. "Can I see that?" the amnesiac asked. Diane handed him the card, allowing him to get a clear view of its contents. On the far right side in tiny font it said 'Special ED Student: Mute. Knows sign language and morse code.'