Episode 6: Surge

The following day, Blake woke up early to head to school.

"Aren't you going to eat something?" Diane asked as soon as she finished wolfing down her toast. She was seated in a black chair in front of a long, crystal table.

Blake touched his stomach and nodded. He ran into the elegant but modest dining room and grabbed an empty bowl placed on the table for him. Next he served himself some 'Colorful Rings', fruity cereal.

"Where's your brother?" he asked as he poured milk into the bowl.

Diane sighed. "He's still asleep. That guy isn't one to wake up until the last minute."

Blake snickers. "He does seem like the type."

"I know, huh? Hard to believe that he has that much energy when he's awake. Though perhaps the many hours of sleep are the reason he's so full of energy."

"You're not too shabby yourself."

She looked up. "Huh?" she chuckled. "I try my hardest to be upbeat. Sort of got to be if I plan to keep my older brother in check."

"Yeah. Taking care of Roy seems like a lot of work."

"Talking about me?" a voice boomed.

Blake spilled some milk on the table as he quickly put down the carton of milk. Standing by the arched doorway was Roy with an impish grin.

"Uh... We were talking about Silver," Blake responded, laughing nervously.

Roy doubled over in laughter. "S...silver? Come on. Even you can do better than that!"

"Eh... Alright. You got us."

"Besides. That guy isn't really worth talking about."

Blake and Diane raised their eyebrows at him.

"What?" he asked, taking a seat next to his sister.

"How can you say that when he's an XYZ user like us," Diane said. "We still don't know much about him."

Roy crossed his hands together and grinned. "You seem awfully interested in the guy."

Diane became flustered. "What? I am not interested in that jerk."

"Oh hoho. Your deny it but look at you. You're all red."

She grabbed her older brother by the collar, drawing him close. "I said. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THAT JERK!"

"Uh... guys," Blake said, pointing at something behind them. Or rather someone.

Silver waved at the two as if he hadn't overheard them.

"Uh, Silver," Diane said, scooting closer to the table.

Roy covered his mouth, trying to keep himself from laughing.

"Oh how I wish you had drank a glass of milk so that it could come out of your nose for laughing so obnoxiously," Diane whispered to him.

"Wow. You're cruel," Roy said, touching his nose.

"Silver is asking if he can join us. Can he?" Blake asked.

Roy and Diane looked at each other. Roy raised his eyebrows, smiling knowingly at her. Diane's face turned red once more. She lowered her head and looked away from Silver's stare. "S-sure..." she said, stuttering.

Silver walked over to the table, drawing the soft cushioned chair next to Blake.

Diane frowned as he sat directly across from her.