Five

"Rise and shine, darling!!" Came a loud exclaim that made my eyes shoot open and my hand immediately jut out of the blankets and flick my wrist upwards in alarm.

   The sound of the branches of my tree house moving out of the walls and wrapping themselves around the intruder of my tree house and pulling them back and against the wall.

   I heard a groan and a strained laugh, his husky and smooth voice ringing in my ears as I swiftly sat up from my bed, the thick sheets and blanket sliding down my head and dropping to my lap and I turned to my left and saw the one and only Peter Pan, wrapped in thick branches against the wall.

  He smirked at me and gave a small strained laugh as branches were at his neck curled around lightly, "Well, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I thought about being tied up in your bedroom, love."

  My eyes narrowed and my lips pursed and scowled, my gaze turning into a sharp glare that only made his lips smirk wider, "What the hell are you doing in here, Peter?"

  He chuckled and vanished himself out of the wraps of the branches and reappearing in front of me, "Didn't I tell you that I would be seeing you in the morning, darling? That's exactly what I'm doing right now."

  My eyes rolled and I scowled when I saw how his green eyes left my glare and moved down my face to my neck and downwards, specifically eyeing the lack of chest undergarments under my thin white nightgown.

  "My eyes are up here, Peter." I sighed in irritation, throwing a pillow at his face.

  On the regular, I wouldn't have minded, hell, I would've even teased and went along with his game. But right now? When I'm interrupted from my sleep? I think not.

   "That wasn't very nice, was it love? And so was leaving me last night." Peter chuckled, lightly rubbing his finger against his nose while he held the pillow that hit his face.

  I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest and spat, "And so is staring at my chest. Now are you going to leave my tree house?"

  "Why do I have to? You can always just get dressed in front of me, don't be shy now, Diana. I won't mind." He chuckled, standing beside my bed, his back pressed against the wall with his arms crossed by his chest.

   His gaze was mischievous, cheeky and ever so flirtatious and I knew he was challenging me, seeing if I was going to the bait. Was I? Ofcourse, I was. I always take the bait which was why Peter loved challenging me, betting with me. He knew I'd never pass up a challenge, a game, because this was all it was, a game Peter and I loved to play. A game we both wanted to win so badly.

  Keeping my silver eyes dead straight on his flirtatious gaze, my eyes narrowed and I pushed the blankets aside, uncovering my bare legs and standing up, the cold wood of the floor touching my bare feet as I held my head high, a foot away from Peter's smug form as he stared at me, his eyes wanting me to continue as if he knew what I was going to do which I know he knew. His wide grin was showing that he knew what I was going to do, he always knew what I was always going to do, what my next move was, it was as if he knew me better than I do myself.

Our eyes continued to stare at each other, his green hues mischievous and mine narrowed and blank as my hands moved to the hem of my tunic and I pulled it up and over my head, feeling his strong gaze travel my bare torso, my chest uncovered for him to see.

  It was lovely how his smug expression faltered for a moment when he saw me standing in front of him with nothing on but my skin and my underwear, my chest naked and revealed, which made his cheeks stain a gentle pink hue and I saw how he tried to subtly swallow a lump in his throat which he hid quite well.