twelve

JAYDA

I found myself slumped against Mr Lambert's dining chair again, this time face to face with a stack of English essays from the sophomore batch while armed with a single red ink pen from Mr Lambert's abundant stash of stationery. I was stunned by how I shifted well from an ordinary student into a teacher in disguise, at first I was pretty nervous about messing up my lesson presentations and how to mark papers, but now I felt that I was becoming more professional and mature while hiding behind my mask as a teacher. Thanks so much for the guidance, Mr Adam Mitchel Lambert.

I was halfway through reading a student's essay about the person who changed his life when I suddenly heard Mr Lambert's phone buzz against the surface of the expensive looking dining table. Not surprisingly, it was Celine again. Pretty amazing how she could get away with texting random things teenagers say to a teacher's number without anyone noticing, she's pretty stealthy, and damn right she knows it.

Celine Gilbert: Forgot to tell you this but I told Martin about it ;)

Wait, what? No. The last thing I wanted Celine to tell Martin was my slight crush I have on him. As much as she is my best friend, she couldn't just let out a secret that big, especially to the one person the secret was about.

Me: It better not be my secret about him Cel.

Celine Gilbert: What? Jay, no! I wouldn't tell him about your feelings for him. Not yet, that is.

"Not yet". Sure Celine, but what exactly did she say to Martin?

Me: Well but if it isn't my secret, what exactly did you tell him?

Celine Gilbert: Jay, you do realise that Martin's the only one in the group who still doesn't know about everything that happened since the first day of school right? He even asked about it in the Emergency group chat but we didn't even bother to answer him.

Oh.

Me: YOU TOLD HIM I SWITCHED BODIES WITH MR LAMBERT?

Celine Gilbert: Yeah. I guess.

Celine Gilbert: He was quite stunned at first but I think he got the picture. He's even suggesting we change you two back as soon as possible, which is good, I think.

Well, that was quite a relief.

Celine Gilbert: We should find a time for all of us to meet up, figure out more about whatever shit happened to you and Mr Lambert.

Me: Yeah, we should. I should also check in with the antique store the necklace came from to see what happened with it before it was put up on sale, and maybe it'll be a good idea to bring Mr Lambert along too, just to let him know what happened.

Celine Gilbert: Are you sure about bringing Mr Lambert with you? Sounds a bit...inappropriate.

Me: Trust me Cel, I can whip up a disguise before heading out. I'm pretty sure I've seen a few hats and some shades to hide behind or underneath in his wardrobe somewhere.

Celine Gilbert: If you say so, when are we gonna meet?

Me: I don't know man, tomorrow maybe? It's Friday and I can spend the weekend marking papers. I'll update the Emergency group with the details, gotta get back to marking.