iv

the next day...

wonpil walked out of the room, sporting the "i-rose-from-the-dead" look, complete with a bird's nest on his head, creased clothes wrapped around his body, and drowsiness written all over his face.

he then saw his bandmates sitting by the dining table, already wide awake. well, except for dowoon, who was legitimately dozing on the table with a cup of hot—um, cold chocolate in his hand.

"wonpil," sungjin said, being the first to notice him. "you're finally awake."

"oh, my god." brian chuckled, looking at wonpil from head to toe. "you, too? what happened to the two of you?"

"we drank coffee at ten in the evening," wonpil answered, yawning as he walked and stood beside jae and sungjin, a place completely opposite of where he's supposed to be standing.

"coffee at ten in the evening?!" sungjin repeated. "what time did you sleep?"

"uhm... six?"

"that was an hour ago!"

wonpil's eyes looked at the clock hung on the wall behind the table. the hands indicated that it's seven, showing that sungjin was right.

he looked back at sungjin who heaved a sigh.

"if this is the outcome, then don't do it again. especially at a night before a day where we have an event to attend to."

"sorry, hyung," wonpil muttered, trying to rub the sleepiness out of his eyes.

"idiot," jae suddenly said, followed by a laugh. he ruffled wonpil's already messy hair. "i'd honestly be mad at you for doing that, too, but you're so cute that i don't think i can stay mad at you."

he definitely dropped his drowsiness when those words entered his ears.

did he hear him right?

did jae just call wonpil cute?

sure, he had called him many things: cheesy, cringeworthy...but cute?

what?