v

"what time should we be at the venue, sungjin?" wonpil turned to listen to sungjin's answer to brian's question as he climbed in the van.

"staff said four in the afternoon," sungjin, who took his seat in the front, answered as he closed his door. "since the busking starts at five."

"i saw in twitter that it's already full of people," dowoon butted in from the seat next to wonpil's, patting his lap out of nervosity.

"seriously?" sungjin and brian chorused, obviously taken aback by the youngest's announcement.

"yeah," dowoon clarified, causing the two to mutter a few comments under their breaths.

"piri."

wonpil turned to see jae who sat on the seat in front of his.

wait a second...

piri?

"what is it, hyung?" wonpil asked, mentally cursing at how he stuttered due to the sudden use of the nickname.

"are you okay?" jae continued, scrunching his eyebrows—an action that amped up the expression of concern written all over his face.

"i guess," wonpil answered in a jokingly way, trying to set his confusion aside. "i mean, there's more than a hundred people waiting for us. i might forget my lines again."

he watched as both corners of jae's lips curved into a soft and sincere smile.

"well, you can always look back at the lyrics," jae told wonpil. "you can borrow my phone, if you want."

"ah, no," wonpil refused, shaking his head. "i can use my own. thanks, hyung."

"if you insist... oh, piri."

"hm?"

"don't worry too much, alright? i'll be there for you."

as jae turned to the front side of the van, wonpil silently sank in his seat, undoubtedly flustered.

what's with the sudden change of character?

wonpil closed his eyes, trying to calm the rapid beating caged in his chest. he thought of the times his oldest hyung made fun of him. he would always tease him around, especially before busking, where he would bring up the his forgetful moments.

the keyboardist always took them as words of encouragement. words that will remind him that he should do his best to not do his mistakes again...and having to hear him say something different from what he used to say really caught him off guard.

then again, what was so bad about real words of encouragement?

wonpil's train of thoughts were disturbed by the sudden movement of the vehicle. he looked out of the window and heaved a sigh.

maybe he was overthinking things.

-

shoutout to @/dok2gonzos on twitter for reading this fanfiction and telling me their thoughts about it! this chapter is for you!