vii

wonpil was lying on his floor of the bunk bed, scrolling through his timeline on twitter and reading tweets from his fans and friends. he was desperate for a distraction from what had been happening around him, so he took his last resort: social media.

sungjin must have noticed this, considering that he took a second of staring at his roommate before lying down on his floor of the bunk bed before asking "what's wrong, wonpil?"

"nothing, hyung," wonpil muttered, still staring at his phone screen.

"wonpil," sungjin said sternly.

giving in, wonpil heaved a sigh, locking his phone and laying it down. "it's jaehyung hyung."

he heard the older hum in a tone that seemed to say this is going to be good. "what about him?"

"he's weird," wonpil started. "he's been holding my hand, hugging me, taking care of me... he even called me cute!"

"isn't he just being an older brother?"

"older brothers aren't supposed to come closer to you until you're a centimeter away from each other!" wonpil exclaimed. "besides, knowing jaehyung hyung, he wouldn't do those things, would he? he hates having to handle with someone who does those, much less do those to someone. he hates it, like how the rest of you hate it."

"someone who does those," sungjin repeated, laughing. "do you mean someone like you?"

"i— hyung, that's not the point."

"whatever, whatever." sungjin laughed again, before commenting. "you know, hearing you complain like that is really hilarious."

wonpil scrunched his eyebrows with confusion towards sungjin's statement. "what does that mean?"

"first of all, you now know how it feels like to be in his place. in all of our places."

"hyung—"

"i'm not done yet."

"sorry."

"anyway, second of all, we don't hate what you do. we think it's sweet, but doing it out of the sudden with a cringeworthy combination of that and aegyo? talk about annoying."

"i thought you liked that."

"if you asked me about the amount interviews that involved that situation, i'd say i lose count. we don't. well, probably except for jaehyung hyung."

"what do you mean, probably except for jaehyung hyung?"

sungjin laughed again before answering:

"haven't you seen him lately? it's like he drank something spiked with a love potion."

wonpil felt his heartbeat drop.

a love potion.

the sweetener.