ii

wonpil was on the first floor of the bunk bed, lips curved into a shy smile as he played around with a cute stuffed toy bear. he squeezed it out of utter happiness, overwhelmed by the amount of amazing things that he received from a lot of amazing people; his family, his friends, his bandmates, his fans, and so on.

the feeling lingered in him until he looked down from the bed, seeing the complete mess that he made. there were so much torn wrappers and empty containers littered everywhere that he couldn't seem to see the floor from where he was.

"oh, no," he muttered to himself as he set the stuffed toy bear down. "sungjin hyung will kill me."

climbing down from the bed, he crouched down, starting picking up everything that he could carry, walked out of the room to throw it away, then walked back in to do it again.

once he returned to his room to pick up the last pieces of trash, he stopped in his tracks, feeling something solid under his foot. he looked down and saw an oddly shaped item that was smaller than the size of his hands.

picking it up, he observed the object with scrunched eyebrows. it was wrapped, so he took it as a present from someone that he forgot to open.

his eyes lit up like a light bulb as excitement built in him again. he looked around the item for a tag to see who it was from only to find out that there was none. he held it up to his ear and shook it. liquid-like sounds came out. maybe cologne?

holding it with two hands, he tore the wrapper.

it was a small bottle shaped like a heart that stored pink-tinted liquid. it looked like cologne...

taking the seat underneath his desk and sitting on it, wonpil took a closer look at the bottle. he traced the fancy details of the heart-shaped bottle, skeptically staring at it. his fingers ran from the swirling golden-like lines and red to pink colors up to the cap. they took the cap and twisted it slightly to the side, causing it to come off.

a slip of paper fell out of it, landing on his lap. he closed the bottle and took the slip of paper, unrolling it to see what it hid.

"sweetener. use only on your crush."

what?

seeing ink smudges underneath those words, there were obviously more writings on it, but no matter how much he squinted his eyes, he couldn't seem to understand what it said.

giving up on trying to do decoding, wonpil rolled the piece of paper and turned to the desk. he lifted his keyboard and placed the piece of paper under it, then laid it back down, hoping that it won't disappear if he ever finds out that he still needed it.

he then turned back to the bottle.

was that just a sweetener?