•chapter 11• scared to sleep alone

I blink my eyes together tightly still not used to the bright light that was shining above my eyes. A small groan slipped out of my mouth. Where the hell am I?

I felt a slight pain in my lower abdomen and my foot. I also felt a bit sore on my lip. I sat in my seat or bed, but plopped back down remembering what happened earlier. How long have I been in the hospital?

I look around the room to see Nordan already staring at me. Alex sat on a chair on the other side of my bed passed out.

"Hey." I call out to Nordan weakly.

"How long have I been here?" I furrow my eyebrows, my hands resting at my sides.

"Two days. Alex hasn't left your side ever since I called him." Nordan looked down before looking back up at me.

"How long have you been here?" I question him curiously.

"I've been out and about, but I'll always be here Mila." Nordan smiles sadly reaching for my hand only for me to pull away. I give him a knowing look, & he nods understanding.

I glance around the room once again to take in everything. I don't remember coming inside of here. Of course my mind now starts thinking of word case scenarios.

What if Nordan saw the text messages from the unknown person? What if he called? I could just imagine the mans deep breathing right next to my ear.

I could hear loud foot steps coming down the hallway. I flinched at the noise which caused Nordan to look over at me.

"Hey are you okay?" Nordan asks me furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah I'm fi-." I got cut off by another voice.

"Babe?" His deep voice caught me by surprise. I turned over to him a flashed him a smile.

Alex leaned over to me and pulled me into a warm embrace. I felt his hand hold my head brushing my hair with his fingers. I sighed in relaxation. I was only glad to be in his arms.

"I was worried so much baby. Don't ever do that to me again." Alex whispered in my ear. I felt a small tear fall from my eye. Once he pulled away he saw my crying, and his eyes trailed all over my face worried.

"What's wrong Mila?" Alex asks me concern washed over his face.

"Nothings wrong. I'm just glad to be here with you Alex." I laugh pulling his lips to mine. Our lips moving perfectly against each other's. I would be lying if I said it was long. Nordan coughed interrupting us.

I let out a sigh and pulled away looking over at Nordan.

"What?!" Alex asked rudely.

"Alex." I tried to stop him, but I guess it didn't work.

"You have a problem with my girlfriend and I?" Alex asked him knowing it would get on his nerves.

Nordan sat there quietly ignoring Alex's harsh words. I looked up at Alex with pleading eyes.

"You are the reason she's here in the first place. If you were watching over her she would be perfectly fine, and none of this would've happened to her." Alex said roughly stepping closer to Nordan.

"Alex." I call softly. He looks down at me and takes a seat.

"Ms.Grayson, it appears you have woken up, good." A nurse comes in wearing blue scrubs.

"Yeah." I say weakly letting out a cough.

"You seem well enough to leave early. Didn't you just take off your boot for your sprained foot last week?" The nurse asks me looking through some papers.