Minicat - Apartment Neighbors

Tyler's POV
I sighed, hearing the thunder outside roll through the sky. It was about 10:30 PM. The rain pattered against the window and walls, creating a sort of therapeutic noise. I got up out of bed, feeling bored and not wanting to go to sleep. I walked to the living room and sighed, looking around. "What the fuck am I going to do to pass time?" I looked around my TV, searching for something to do. But my search was cut short when I heard a knock on the door. "Who the hell would be knocking at this hour?" I asked myself as I walked to the front door. I opened the door slightly and looked at the person standing there. It was a slightly short man with slightly curly, dirty blond hair and black glasses framing bright blue eyes. I looked at him confused. "Can I help you?" I asked, looking at him. He looked up at me quickly with an awkward smile. "Uh.. Hi. The storm made a branch bust my bedroom window. I know this is weird to ask, but can I stay here for the night?" I thought it over in my head. I finally recognized this guy as the new tennant. "Oh, you're the guy that just moved in next door, aren't you?" He smiled a bit more. "Yeah." I sighed a bit. "Fine you can stay the night. I'm Tyler by the way." His face lit up as his smile became wider. "Oh, I'm Craig. Thank you so much!" I moved out of the way of the door so he coukd come in. Once he walked in, I closed the door. "So where do you want to sleep? I only have one bed, so you can either sleep there or on the couch." He looked over at me. "I'll sleep on the couch." I watched him as he went over to the couch and sat down. He started to get comfortable but soon jumped when a loud crack of thunder was heard. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at his fright. "Are you scared of storms?" I asked, walking to the closet neaby and grabbing the extra blanket and pillow. I walked back over to him and handed him the stuff. He smiled slightly. "Not really..." I sat next to him. "You sure? You looked like you got scared by the thunder a little bit ago." "I'm sure." Then, another loud crack of thunder rolled out through the sky. It was louder than the one before. Craig jumped and let out a startled yelp. I could tell he was slightly trembling. I sighed heavily and grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around him. He looked at me in surprise. "What are you doing?" "You look scared. I'm trying to make you feel safe." I pulled him close to me and held him in a hug. He tensed up at first, but soon he relaxed. I held him close. He snuggled up to me. "Thank you. For all of this. Other people wouldn't do this." I chuckled a bit. "You seemed really scared, so I wanted to help." He snuggled up more to me and seemed to start to fall asleep. "Thank you..." I held him close still, hearing his soft snores. I felt a smile climb onto my lips.

(A/n) So this wasn't the best, sorry. I tried but things are grtting stressful right now. I'll try to update more often. I have like 4 or 5 more chapters to get out to you. I hope you enjoyed this.