The Truth pt 2

• Dedicated to GoldWade from YouTube

It had been almost three days since they left Vale. Three days since their last full night of sleep. Three days since being entirely safe. They were approximately a mile from Atlas. A shout brought Yang back to the present. If they didn’t survive this then they wouldn’t be able to save the world, or get to Ruby. She would be expecting them. If they died out here, so close to where they were heading, it would be an utter defeat.

Fighting a Deathstalker and a Nevermore had been easy with Ruby and Jaune, but now, with Ruby a mile away and Jaune’s body being possessed in a grudge match that is taking place in some mystical arena, fighting the two powerful creatures was impossible. Both of them were thinking beasts. That’s why they had bothered to fight them in the first place. None of them, not even Blake, had the speed or knowledge that Skylar had, and they all were exhausted from lack of sleep. They had fought for their lives on three different boats, they had found and barely defeated a few thinking beasts, and had stopped a White Fang operation.

I need to focus on the fight,” thought Yang.

Pyrrah, temporary leader of team JNPR, had chosen the Deathstalker as they had defeated one before. That left Weiss, Blake, and Yang with the Nevermore. A creature dangerous and hard to defeat when it was normal, but now it was a thinking beast. Now it was nearly impossible to defeat. They had only defeated the other Nevermore because of Ruby. They would receive no help from Ruby now, she was probably being held prisoner until someone came to claim her.

“Yang! Get to your next location!” yelled Weiss.

Yang took off for the tree at the edge of the clearing, but something tripped her. She looked down and saw an arrow trip line. No one she knew had a bow. Someone was here and watching them struggle. “Hello?!” yelled Yang.

A hunting horn sounded. Everyone stopped, including the monsters, and looked about. Then a couple of airships with Atlas flags appeared from the sky. It was fighters from Atlas! They had probably been patrolling the area for monsters and saw the six fighting for their lives.

As soon as the horn stopped a hundred or so humans fell from the sky on the beasts. One human missed and fell on to the rock pile blocking Pyrrah, Ren, and Nora from Weiss, Blake, or Yang’s vision. The Atlasians made quick work of the Nevermore, slicing it up or shooting chunks off. They couldn’t see what was happening on the other side of the rocks until they saw the Deathstalker run over the rocks with only a couple of humans on it. The rest weren’t far behind. Yang went Super Saiyan. Everything around her went super slow. She ran at the beats and punched it right on one of its eyes. With the force of the blow, plus the speed of a Super Saiyan, and the added force of Yang’s shotgun punches, the beast flew back into rock pile. By now the Nevermore was dead and those that fought it ran over to where Weiss and Blake were. After a minute the Deathstalker was dead, too. One woman, followed by Weiss and Blake, walked up to Yang, “Are you the one responsible for these two? As well as the three on the other side of those rocks?”

Yang nodded, “Good. Follow me. You may want to see what that Deathstalker did to them.”

When the four of them had climbed the rocks they saw Pyrrah and Ren standing over Nora. Pyrrah was crying and Ren looked like someone had killed his family. Yang didn’t know what exactly was going on, but she didn’t like it. She started to run down the rocks, but it was slow going. She decided to go Super Saiyan once more in order to get their as fast as she could. When she got to Pyrrah and Ren she saw what was wrong. Nora was bleeding. She had almost been cut in two. Yang looked at Pyrrah and asked, “How…”

It was all she could manage, but Pyrrah understood, “She was jumping between the Deathstalker’s claws when those people fell on it. She was injured because of them.”