Chapter 5.

MERYLS POV. 

When we had all had time to look at the menu and choose what we wanted, the waiter came over to take our order.

'Ill just have my usual..' Mamie said, and I looked at her confused. 'Yeah, I come here a lot with work friends mom..' I smiled at her 'Oh, okay..' I chose not to say much more and ordered my food. 'Ill have the veggie burger with haloumi and sweet potato fries' I closed the menu and handed it to the waiter. 

'Thats new for you!' Don said laughing a little, next to me. 'What? I've always liked those things, just never really decided to have them together' I laughed and playfully hit him in the arm. He laughed at me and looked over at Mamie and Amanda who were sat opposite us, smiling at us. 'You're both like children arguing!' Mamie said while still laughing. 

'Well... maybe we are, maybe we aren't' I laughed 

'Would you stop being so annoying today?' Mamie laughed, and turned away from me as a fan of hers came to talk to her and get a picture. 

***

I finished my meal, put my knife and fork down and leaned back in my seat. 'Ugh, I'm done.' I laughed and discreetly loosened my trousers a little. Don noticed and laughed at me. 'What?' Mamie said as she noticed Don laughing. 'Nothing, Nothing. Just remembering something I did yesterday' ... He covered it well. 'Well, if you say so' She replied as she finished her food.

'Anyway, everyone. Eat up! Me and Amanda need to get back to the house to pack for tomorrow morning' I said changing the subject as quickly as I possibly could. 'Ok, Ok.. we're just waiting for Amanda and Dad to finish' Mamie said laughing as she got her phone out and replied to all the message she had been getting throughout the meal.

DONS POV. 

I looked at Meryl, and could see she was starting to daydream, about what, who knows.. something to do with this trip back to Skopelos.. because the last time she went there, it wasn't all puppies and rose petals.

'Meryl, my love. Are you actually feeling okay about going back to Skopelos tomorrow? Because, well.. you know last time didn't exactly go smoothly, did it?' I decided to say it quietly because, well, I don't think she wanted the whole of the restaurant knowing what happened.  'Yeah, Yeah. I'm okay about it, why do you ask?' 

'It's just you were starting to day dream and I know, from experience, that when you day dream, something's bothering you' She just sighed and began to gather her bag, coat etc. 'I'm okay, Don. Come on, lets get out of her, both me and Amanda need to get our sleep for tomorrow, plus I need to finish packing' 

'Ok, ok.' I just backed down and agreed with what she said because I didn't want to cause an argument in the middle of a restaurant. We all got up, I went to pay the bill and followed everyone out to the car after. 'Mom, are you sure you're okay about tomorrow?' 

'YES! For god sakes, what is it with everyone getting on at me about tomorrow. IM FINE! Now, please, can we all just, STOP, talking about it!' 'Ok ok.. Im sorry' Mamie said quietly as she got into the car. The car ride was somewhat quiet, with the occasional chorus solo from Amanda when the mood took her. 

I got out of the car and headed straight inside. They all followed me as I headed into the sitting room. I sat down and sighed. 'Mom... What's wrong?' I ignored her. 'Mom?' She asked again and I just ignored her and headed upstairs.  'I'm going to bed. We've got an early start tomorrow' I closed the bedroom door. Changed into my pajamas and got it bed.

MAMIES POV.

'What did I do?' I asked trying to figure out what my own mother was so annoyed with me. 'Just leave her to calm down' dad said to me.. 'she's just stressed about the trip. I can tell. Just leave her and she'll be okay in the morning. We should head to bed aswell'

'Ok' I said bluntly as I grabbed my phone and headed upstairs wirh amanda. 'Night dad!'

'Goodnight Mamie'