Chapter 6.

(just a disclaimer... This whole chapter is going to be in Meryl's Point Of View. It just felt right to write it the way I have haha. Hope you all enjoy it!)

MERYLS POV.

As I awoke the next morning, to the sound of my roaring alarm, a sense of dread and excitement washed over me about what was going to happen today. 'Today's the day' I thought to myself as I rolled over to check the time on the clock. ...5:30am... I sighed sitting up to get out of bed to get dressed. 'Good Morning Beautiful' I turned around in just my underwear as Don startled me, like I almost forgot that he was my husband, and that we slept in the same room, the same bed if you will... 'How are you feeling about today?' He asked, almost as if he could see the nervous aura I was giving off.

'Nervous... and Scared... but, excited. I have to just enjoy myself as much as I can, because.. lets be real about this. The same thing can't happen twice.. In the same area.. Can it?' I continued to get dressed as Don got out of bed and came over to me, hugging me from behind.. 'Cancel your cab, my love. I'll drive you and Amanda to the airport. I get the feeling that you'll like that much more than some random cab driver coming to pick you both up.' I smiled at him and thanked him. Of Course I would like it SUCH a lot more than a cab driver who I didn't know. 'I'll do it now' 'Good' came his reply as he still cuddled me from behind, he nuzzled his face into the small of my neck and kissed me gently, knowing how much I loved it and how much it relaxed me when I was anxious and uptight. 

I pulled out of his warm embrace to go and call the cab company to cancel the cab. 'I'll be waiting downstairs with a coffee' 

Why was he always so good to me? 

Why did the press and fans of mine always wonder how myself and don have stayed together this long with the industry I'm in? 

It's because of little things like this.. the little gestures more than the big gestures. I don't need him to buy me a new car or diamond rings all the time. I just need him to be there when I need him just as much as I'm there when he needs me. That's all. 

I finished getting ready, collected my suitcase from the corner of the bedroom and started to head downstairs, knocking on Amanda's bedroom door as I went past just to make sure that she was up and ready, or getting ready at least. For our trip, to Kalokairi. 

I thanked Don for the coffee and sat down on the couch. He came and sat next to me and I cuddled into him. 'Is Amanda up?' 'Yeah' I replied. 'I knocked on her door before I came downstairs. She should be coming down soon.' 

'Ok, I'm ready.' She sighed. It's the first I heard... it was from Amanda. I had obviously fallen asleep again, I didn't realise I had but I guess I did... Don's arms were just so welcoming, warm and soothing.. I couldn't help it. 'Yep, me too' I said sitting up and rubbing my hands over my face. 'Right, come on then.. lets get going. Don't want you two to be missing your flight now do we?' Don smiled and both me and Amanda got up at the same time. 

The time seemed to fly by in the car on the way to the airport.. I was just day dreaming about being in the sun on the beautiful beach with all the people that I care about the most. 'Right, we're here' Came Dons voice pulling me out of my thoughts. Looking at him, I smiled and began removing my seatbelt to get out. After getting our suitcases out the car we all headed to the gate which our plane was stationed. 'Meryl.. Are you sure, SURE you're okay about doing this? You know, going to Kalokairi? Being there again?' She must have asked me because she saw me day dreaming... 

'Of course!' I did my best to look confident 

'I mean, they can't plan to murder me if they don't know I'm going to be there...'