Chapter 8

After I finished that I stripped off my clothes and turned on the shower. While it heated up I stood in front of my mirror. I knew I only weighed 115 pounds but in my head I felt like I weighed 300. I picked at my stomach,my thighs,my arms,my calves, my chin. They all had extra fat on them. Finally the shower warmed up and the heat was almost burning me. But I almost didn’t notice it after a few seconds. All I could think about was how much I hated my parents, how much I hated my friends, how much I hated myself for gaining weight. I couldn’t control my tears. But they werent sad tears but angry and frustrated ones. I tried to calm down in case my parents heard me.I honestly hoped that they didn’t find out about me not eating. The thing is, if they do find about it and they take away my stuff I can just threaten to stop eating again. I can shove it right in their faces.

All of a sudden I could hear my parents yelling downstairs. I put my shorts on and crept over to my door opening without combing my hair. I opened my door ever so slightly so I could hear what they were yelling about easier. It was about me.

“She is going to be 14 years old on January 2. Thats just a week away from this Thursday. We need to give her more discipline.” I heard my father yell

“I dont think that she can handle it. She is only a child. I think that we put too much pressure on her.” My mom said calmly back. It was like an eerie calm, almost like the calm before the storm. Also my dad being a retired drill instructor for the Navy, he always believe in  discipline as punishment.

“She came home at 2:30 in the morning smelling like cigarettes and alcohol.  God knows what else she had been doing.” My dad replied.

“ I haven’t been seeing her eat lately. And shes gotten so frail and lost so much weight lately”  my mother added. “ I think she has anorexia”

All of a sudden I felt a weight had dropped in my stomach. My mother knows.