Chapter 10

I heard the alarm on my phone go off in the morning for school. I went into the bathroom to weigh myself like I did but I couldn't find where I put my scale at. I usually hid it underneath all of my clothes in the hamper so if my parents ever went into my bathroom they wouldn't see it. But when I looked it wasn't there. I dug through my hamper again and again. I looked underneath my sink and in my bathroom closet. Then I went into my room and started looking in my closet, under my bed, under piles of clothes. And I started having a panic attack because I needed to see how much I weighed. I went downstairs and my mom was standing there with my scale.

" Are you looking for this?" she said in a voice of disappointment.

"Uh yeah I am mom why'd you take it from my room?" I ask rudely

"Because lately I haven't seen you eat in a few days and I found this in your hamper" she paused "I want you to eat something before you go to school and I'm going to make you eat it." She added.

"Well mom I have been eating and you just haven't been around when I have eaten. Also I had that scale only to see how much I weighed."

"Why do you lie to me like this Anna? You have changed so much in the last few months. You've started lying and sneaking out and drinking and smoking. Only God knows what else you've been doing while you've been sneaking out," Mom said

"Mom" I stop not knowing what to say. "I don't know what to tell you"

"Just promise me you'll stop doing this" she replied

"Ok mom I will" I say obviously knowing that I was going to lie. So I went upstairs and change out of my PJ's and try not to think about my mom knowing.

I go downstairs after I had gotten all of my things for school ready and I was all dressed. My mom was sitting at the table drinking her morning coffee reading the newspaper. And this morning my dad was making breakfast. Adam was in his chair eating is Cheerios, as always. I could smell sausage on the stove and I saw my dad turn around.

"Morning Anna" he says flatley. He sounded different this morning. And it was a weird feeling.

" Good morning, dad" I say back. I knew I had to eat this morning not to worry either of my parents. So I grab a bowl and Cheerios and poured them. After I poured my milk I sat down and faced my mom and took a big bite. It was almost hard to eat since I hadn't in so long. But hey at least I can go throw this up quick before I leave for school. And besides it's not like I'm going to be hospitalized anytime soon. Also as a plus if they tried to threaten me I would just tell them I would stop eating. But as far as that goes, neither of my parents knows that I don't plan on getting better, ever.