Chapter 5

By the time 11:30 rolled around both of my parents were asleep in their rooms. They like to go bed early so I was absolutly sure that they were both sound asleep. Gina called me right as they pulled up so I knew that they were at my house. Again Todd and Jeremy were in the car, but there was no rachel this time. So Jeremy and I sat in the back and he put his arm around me, making me feel uncomfortable. But I didnt tell him so I didnt sound fridgid. Just like the night before they passed around the bottle it tasted the same but this time I didnt sputter and cough. But something felt different about tonight, like something was going to happen but I shook it off. We went to the same place as we did the night before. We got out and Gina and I went inside and Todd went to grab the beer out of the trunk. But this time when Todd and Jeremy walked in I saw a radio, candels,vodka, a case of beer, and the last thing I would have ever expected, a box of condoms.

Gina was the first to get drunk off her ass, then Todd. But Jeremey and I we tried to drink as little as possible, because in turn one of us had to drive home, even though I couldnt actually drive under Minesota law. Jeremey just sat together and laughed as Gina and Todd danced to the music. Then a little while later Todd took Gina upstairs with the box of condoms. And after that I cannot tell you what happened with them. But while they were upstairs Jeremey and I just talked, it turns out that once I started talking to him he was actually pretty cool.

All of a sudden I had the urge to vomit. I could taste it in the back of my mouth and I couldnt keep it back. I had to rush over to the corner to the room in order to not throw up all over Jeremy. Then he walks over to me and starts to rub my back.

"Hey, lets get you home,ok?" he said quietly. I nodded and he took my arm and walked me out to the car. I sat in the front seat and put the side of my head up to the window. It felt cold underneath my forehead. I forced back my tears of humiliation. I should have thought about drinking on an empty stomach. By this time It was almost 1 AM. Hopefully mom and dad didnt wake up to find that I was gone. I just didnt want them freaking out on me.