Chapter 5

"The future depends on what we do in the present."
- Mahatma Gandhi

  ⚔️  

"Let teleportation commence?" Espeon asks, turning to Satoshi. "Also, should we follow you or no?"

"Yes and yes," Ash replied. "Follow me there, and I will return you to your Pokéballs, okay? 

His two Pokémon nod in response as Ash began the countdown. "3...2...1...now."

The three others Arceus had chosen start flickering, much to the horror of their friends. The others cry out, not caring that they were attracting attention.

"Let's go. Remember to follow me," Ash said, disappearing soon afterward.

  ⚔️  

As Ash appeared, he found that his allies were already conscious. They were comparing their clothes and Ash turned away silently, frowning as he returned the two Pokémon that had appeared next to him. Clothing was something Ash would never lower himself to. He didn't bother listening to their discussion; he had nothing to say.

Ash was submerged deep in his own thoughts when Dawn spoke, saying, "What is this place?" Ash did not reply and she repeated her question, a little more loudly this time. After several more attempts at capturing his attention, Dawn finally screamed and Ash looked up. 

"This is Asteria Land, the land for those who desire to seek the future. It is said of Asteria that it is the land of dreams. Those who visit see it in their sleep, though I swear you are not sleeping."

"Why are we here?" Dawn demanded. "I never asked to seek the future!"

"Because I asked him to." All of them turn around, most of them with fright; they had not seen or heard the God of Pokémon coming behind them. "I have asked Satoshi to bring you here because all of you are essential to the preservation of the future," Arceus said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dawn asked, puzzled.

"A civil war is occurring," Arceus said. "Legendaries have split. Darkrai, Articuno, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Registeel, Regice, Groudon, Kygore, Giratina, the Forces of Nature, Zekrom, Hoopa, and Necromza have all joined Yveltal's side. The forces of nature are unbalanced; the world will soon fall into disaster, and only you seven can stop it."

"How are we supposed to do anything?" Gary asked, with reason. How were four teens supposed to end a civil war between legendaries?

"This hatred of each other is not something that we truly have," Arceus replies. "It is instilled by an odd Pokemon called UFI who's from...another dimension."

"What?" they shout in surprise. It had not occurred to anyone that there was another dimension.

"Of course, the only way to reach this dimension is by either using Hoopa or UFI itself," Arceus said. "But of course, Hoopa has joined Yveltal's side."

"Hoopa?" Serena piped up. "We met Hoopa several years ago! Hoopa Confined was quite nice, actually."

"Hoopa Unbound has joined Yveltal's side," Arceus said, correcting himself. "And only the Unbound form of Hoopa can get you to another universe. This means you have to attract the attention of UFI or you must find some other way to get to this other dimension."