Chapter 11

"One down, seven more to go!" Dawn said cheerfully. "Piece of cake, right?"

"No, considering that they will probably get harder as they go on," Ash said, frowning.

"Seriously, Satoshi, do you not know about sarcasm?"

"Pokémon," Ash said stiffly. "Do not use sarcasm."

Serena laughed, nudging her two friends. "Come on guys, relax. Gary, do you think you could recite the next part of the prophecy?"

Gary obliged, reciting the third stanza of the prophecy. As soon as he finished, he said, "I would think about all the fire legendaries out there. We know they're protected by legendary Pokémon, and this one clearly involves fire types."

Dawn groaned. "Are you kidding me? Another instrument involving fire?"

"But what about the part about water?" Serena objected. "The part that says the mountain reverses the elements of flame and rain—which are clearly water and fire."

Gary shrugged. "But it's clear that it's closer to fire, because the last verse says, 'deep within the magma'."

"But what prevents us from getting the third instrument and skipping this one?" Serena pointed out.

Ash spoke up. "Well, it's clear this is the second instrument. 'The second can be found.' I think order does matter; maybe you can't get the third one until you get the second and first?"

Dawn shrugged. "Any ideas, now that that's out of the way?"

"I've heard legends—" Lily began.

"Which is literally what this entire quest is about," Gary muttered.

"—that Heatran can be found in Reversal Mountain," Lily continued. "Even though I have interacted more with legendaries than most, I do not know for certain. Heatran has been known as a, well, a rather fickle legendary."

"Aren't all of them?" Gary asked, frowning.

Lily shook her head. "No, not all. So, we're going there, then?"

"Well, Reversal Mountain seems like a pretty good bet," Serena said slowly. "I mean, it has the word reverse in it, and if the legends are true..."

"Then this is probably the best place," Ash said, finishing Serena's sentence. "Would anyone like something to eat before we go?"

  ⚔️  

Loralia was spending the afternoon wandering Team Freyja's base. She often did so, and she knew the best places for whatever you wanted to do. Eat? The Café de Esca. Train? The Training Room on Level 34, which was equipped with the best technology in the world. Hide? The pipes which would be accessed through the storage cabinet on floor 100.

Loralia was looking for a garden which she had only heard rumors about. It was said it was where Loralia's mother went when she was deep in thought. Loralia had always wondered why (her mother hated nature) and was looking for the garden.

She climbed up a ladder that took her to the ceiling, on which bars supported the ceiling. Making sure that the rods were strong, she swung herself across the ceiling, throwing herself onto the ledge of a window, walking with her feet in a straight line towards a door that she had spotted a week ago.

It was labeled "Do Not Enter."

Loralia walked right through it.

Loralia glanced around her. It appeared to be the space between the walls of Team Freyja's fortress. Lined with titanium, she knew that between that, there was steel, and even further in, bedrock. She didn't know how her mother had gotten bedrock into the walls. She just knew.