Chapter 14

Songs for this chapter:

Stay With Me - You Me at Six
The Scientist - Coldplay

If you guys want songs for the chapters ahead, just tell me. I'll be posting an 8tracks soon with all of the songs I've been listening to while posting.

Any italics are flashbacks!

Harry POV

It wasn't long before Michela was asleep, and I could leave her to sleep without her waking. I had fallen asleep with her for a little while, unable to keep my eyes open any longer. It felt so good to have her in my arms again, and I couldn't pass up the chance to hold her, even if it meant just once. She was so peaceful, and I wish I could of been too. Haunted dreams flashed in my mind, reminding me of the secrets that were eating me alive.

The apartment was still thrashed, but slowly I began to pick up the pieces before Michela woke up. I covered the windows first, making sure to write down a reminder to call a repair man. Almost all the glass was picked up off the floor when I came to the one picture which was not destroyed. Michela's family sat in the frame looking happier than ever. Happy. Right.

But sitting behind the picture, just as I assumed, was a note. My fingers lightly knocked it to the floor, leaving it there instead of picking it up. I cleaned the rest of the shattered photos and frames from the floor, carefully laying out the pictures we both put up on the couch. It felt so normal to me to have Michela living with me, but I couldn't help but wonder if she felt the same way.

Her smiling face was all around me, capturing my mind and envading my thoughts. She was beautiful. Absolutely perfect, and she was mine. Or at least I thought she was. There was no way another man would ever have her, that was for sure. No one could feel for her the way I did, and she didn't deserve anything else.

My phone began to buzz in my pocket, and I pulled it out to find Niall calling me. I sighed, sliding the bar and answering.

"What do you want Niall?"

"She was at your house wasn't she?"

I bit at my nails in annoyance, nodding although I knew he couldn't see me. "Yeah, she was here. She destroyed the entire fucking house, and shook Michela up. She's seeing him again Niall. I can tell."

"That's what she wants. She wants to scare her."

"I really don't like the fact that we have to talk Niall." Niall pissed me off to no end, but I needed him to help Michela, no matter what the cost.

"I don't like it either asshole, but you have to. Do you know what she wants now?"

My mind went back to the discarded note, and I quickly went to grab it. It was crumpled on the edges, and the black ink had bled through to the other side. It only read about four words, but it was enough to know what she wanted to keep quiet.

"She wants what she asked for last time."

Niall huffed in anger. "Then give it to her dammit! If it means Michela is safe!"

"No, Niall, I can't break her trust like that, I won't do it."

"Harry," Niall said dryly, "do it." Before I could answer, Niall hung up, leaving me speechless and angrier than I needed to be. There was no way I could do what Niall wanted me to, but I didn't know how else I could get rid of her. Michela was going to see her sooner or later, and I couldn't let that happen.

I couldn't let Hannah tell her everything we had all worked so hard to keep from her.

_____

By the time morning struck, I was just finishing hanging up the lights Michela loved so much. The house looked back to normal, almost. I knew better then to call the police, but I couldn't let Michela think I didn't. So instead of holding the information to myself, I called Manny before she woke up.