Chapter 13

There was only one library in my small town. It was once a police station, but after knocking a few walls down and renovating, it became the city library. What were once bright red bricks were now ages and crumbling at the touch. The walls were covered in books, ladders littered around the large space. In the middle of a large room there were couches for people who wished to sit and read. Endless rows of books surrounded the area, literally drowning the building with books. But on the second story, there was only a fire place, a couch placed in front with two wall shelves, filled with books. This was where I was headed. The owner let me use the room as needed, being it held all my books. There was really nowhere I could put them except in the room. So as soon as Harry promised he'd come to dinner with me, I left, finally resting back in the worn out couch, listening to the fire crackle in front of me.

I pulled out a case from my bag, grabbing a pair of glasses. They were thick rimmed, black paint chipping from the sides with age. I barely wore them in public, mostly because they were just for reading. The bridge of the glasses slid down my nose every time I looked down to the book, but I ignored it, pushing them up with my index finger. A copy of Looking For Alaska rested in my lap. It had to have been the fourth time I read the story, the words flowing through my mind with the same impact now as they did the first time I read it.

It may have been hours before Harry finally found me up here, stuffed up with my books. He walked up behind the couch, watching me with tired eyes. My hair rested atop my head in a messy bun, a light coat of eyeliner messily applied on. Laziness dripped from my outfit, a simple pair of yoga pants and a tight fitting work out shirt. I knew that soon I would have to leave my peaceful place and go home to get dressed, to socialize and be apart of things, but I wasn't ready to do that, nor did I think I ever would be.

"Hi Michela," Harry greeted, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Hey you." We both sat in a comfortable silence, watching each other steadily. I knew that more than anything, I just wanted to lay with Harry, to feel him hold me again. Without hesitation, I laid my head in Harry's lap, quickly making myself comfortable. My book rested on the floor, and before I knew it, I was asking a question that wasn't something I wanted an answer to.

"Have you ever loved someone Harry?"

The question obviously caught him off guard, but he didn't ignore it. He answered it with slow process, careful to pick the right words. "I did. And she loved me. But loving me was hurting her, so I had to let her go."

"I'm so sorry Harry," I whispered, shocks of bliss running through my body was he began to fuss wiht my hair, throwing strands carelessly around his lap. Anger and pain was radiating from him, probably from the memories of his love. I turned over, pulling Harry's face toward mine, sitting up to meet his lips. They felt soft against mine. The kiss wasn't expected, but he didn't object. Instead he deepened the contact, pulling me up and over his legs so that I straddled his waist. My hands ran up and down his arms, feeling the muscles bulge, something that only made me feel even more attracted to him.

His hands ran from the top of my shoulders down to my butt, squeezing lightly, earning a excited gasp from me, only encouraging him to continue. It was so wrong to be doing this somewhere so public, where someone could just walk up and find us. But I knew no one would, because this was the one place I knew I could be left alone. And now I had someone to share it with.

I could feel Harry's fingers slip underneath my shirt, beginning to pull it over my head, but I stopped him, pushing his hands down with mine.

"Not here," I whispered into his lips, but being careful not to break our kiss. "Not now."

"When?" He begged, leaving my lips to place kisses down my neck. I could feel my glasses falling off, edging down the bridge of my nose, but I didn't care. I didn't care that I wanted Harry more than I wanted anything in that moment. I couldn't care.